May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (WJW, Ted Schefelbein), 527 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,499
Posts545,462
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
PALUNC Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Looking at a nice London Best in the UK and have not reached a price yet but wonder what is involved in getting it here.
I talked to a guy yesterday and he indicated about $1500 just on this side to get the gun. Is that correct?The dealer wants shipping costs on that side as well.
So what is the going rate?

Mike Proctor
Sidelock
Sidelock

If done right, buying a gun from the UK is a seamless process if you use a respectable importer. Duty will be around 2 - 3% of the cost of the firearm, as I recall. Shipping is not all that much either and should be done between the seller in the UK and the US importer. I would recommend BSA. Ltd., out of Millbrook, NY. Charles has imported guns for me and I have had not any issues except for a slightly damaged stock on one new gun which the manufacturer repaired.

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Give me a call, I bring guns in to the states from the UK in batches and can save you some money.
Steve

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

$1500 is high, unless the gun is very valuable (as it is subject to a 2.6% import duty). If you are not in a hurry, piggy-backing with SKB might be a good idea. I decided to go solo with the expectation of faster receipt of the gun, but the UK export and US import permits were slow in coming. My gun was purchased in mid-Sept. and arrived stateside earlier this week - I hope to receive it next week. My sense is that is a little on the slow side but not remarkably so.

Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Steve's piggyback suggestion is probably the way to go. I brought one in from the UK in the mid-90's and shipping costs were not a big deal. However, I understand that shipping has increased significantly since then. Back then, used a service called Datapost to ship, but I understand that can no longer be done.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've used New England Custom Guns, Ltd., Plainfield, New Hampshire, as importer in 2000. Dietrich Apel sure treated me fair and efficiently. Engraving their company name on firearm, as importer and other import costs was quite reasonable. Then Mr. Apel shipped to my assigned FFL.
smile

Last edited by smilinjohn; 12/21/12 02:56 AM.

We're only responsible for the effort, not the outcome.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.