April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (AaronN), 1,238 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,135
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: eng-pointer
I thought this was a intellectual and adult forum not a reactionary group of people who can only spew what they hear Rush Limbaugh, Rachel Maddow and Glen Beck types spread. Please think for yourselves.

Rush has had the No. 1 radio talk show for 24 years running because he says what needs to be said, and encourages independent thought. Obvious you've never listened to him for one minute and just repeat the left's lies about him.

Rachel Maddow is recognized as an idiot by everybody who is not a far left loon and her ratings reflect it.

Glenn Beck's success speaks for itself.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Last Dollar
Please get this off of here...Its pollution!

Are you just talking about Second Amendment issues, or are you also talking about all of the many recent off topic threads such as the current "Small Munsterlander" thread or the "Model 12 Winchester" thread?

In case you hadn't noticed, we are under a Jihad style attack by politicians and a media hell bent on taking away a major piece of our Bill of Rights. And you call putting that on the front page of Doubleunshop "pollution"? Do you really think if we ignore the threat, it will just go away?

It's especially amusing that Jim merely posted a link to an article here with no vitriol or personal opinion, and OWD jumps in and calls him a "bullying, paranoid nut job". Does anyone see the hypocrisy there? OWD shrilly condemns the very thing he is guilty of.

Once again, this all goes back to the very simple solution of... if you don't like this stuff... just don't read it. Don't click on it. Don't go there. When you go to a restaurant, do you order things you hate and then complain, or do you stick to the menu items you like? No one has forced you to click on this. If you are offended, it is because you intentionally stuck your nose in it.

I don't suppose this thread will be here long. I'm sure a couple guys have already whined and bitched to Dave. It makes you wonder what their real motives are since there is nothing being said here that isn't being hotly debated in workplaces, living rooms, taverns, radio talk shows, and editorial pages all over the nation. So why are some pretending to be so offended when someone has the audacity to put a Second Amendment issue on the front page of a Shotgun Forum?

I wish Dave would ask himself that question before he pulls the plug on this thread too. We have several anti-gunners on this Forum. One, nca225, finally came out of the closet in the past couple weeks and has now openly asked "what is the point of the keep and bear arms part" of the 2nd Amendment. Several others are still pretending to be gun guys. Still more would rather do nothing and let a small fraction of gun owners carry the entire load of maintaining our rights. Worse yet, they don't want any reminders that they enjoy the harvest, but never contribute to the toil.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

What happens with this thread or any other thread is up to Dave. I note with humor none of the usual suspects got their panties in knots over a Model 12 Winchester thread here for example. Their goal is the same as the antis on other gun boards. Whine when information is posted that's informative and supports our RTKABAs.
The mere fact that they're whining tells the rest of us these types of informational posts are effective.
Oh and BTW: I bought a Winchester Model 12 at a garage sale two weeks ago for $200. It's got that kiss of death Lyman choke soldered on the end of the shortened barrel but otherwise it's functional. There I guess this now validates this thread so you can quit whining! smirk
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here they come....

No one is saying you can't spew that stuff, just take it to the right part of the board.

OWD

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

You can bark and growl in this forum until Dave's in his grave and hell freezes over and you can paint me with the tarry brush of your choice but By God there are limits. I'm not paying for the preservation of freedom in the currency of little kids.

jack

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rabbit
You can bark and growl in this forum until Dave's in his grave and hell freezes over and you can paint me with the tarry brush of your choice but By God there are limits. I'm not paying for the preservation of freedom in the currency of little kids.

jack

If you're not interested, just don't look at it.

By the way, was posting the same message multiple times "the currency of little kids? Sure looked that way to me!

Edit: It looks like Mr. jack rabbit deleted his multiple posts. Three down... one to go!

Last edited by keith; 01/05/13 05:45 PM. Reason: noting that rabbit deleted his multiple posts

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Instead, how about you show some respect for Dave and for all the members here by following the rules?

Is that too much to ask?

OWD

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: obsessed-with-doubles
Instead, how about you show some respect for Dave and for all the members here by following the rules?
OWD

Greg,

"THE BEST CURE FOR SEA SICKNESS, IS TO SIT UNDER A TREE".......

You break the rules every time you post your stupid "auction alert" that nobody reads....trying to hustle your own agenda are you.....?........Looks like the pot calling the kettle black to me........if you don't like it don't read it, just like we don't read your drivel......

The Second Amendment is the MOST IMPORTANT SUBJECT this board could possibly discuss.......

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

Since more innocents are murdered by Traditional Sporting Long Guns, than are by High Capacity Magazine fed Rifles, I suggest the compromisers of Freedom among us set the example and turn in their wood and steel relics, or insert them in their Alimentary Canals which ever suits their fancy.

I also suggest that the Enemies of our Enumerated Rights voluntarily limit themselves to ten posts on this forum, as a show of support of their desire to limit what is said here, or Boycott this forum in protest, while having Carnal Relations with themselves.

Last edited by postoak; 01/05/13 04:11 PM.

Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It's an unsavory situation, but one in which we can no longer shy away from in the USA. I agree with keeping it civil, and name calling should be avoided. However, the topic needs discussion, the threats to firearm ownership are very real. Among proposals currently under debate in state houses, and federally, that will affect everyone on this board are restrictions on Internet/mail order ammo purchases (no one in CT carries RST's, Polywads...etc--it's all mail order for those shells), limits on the number of firearm purchases for individuals, registering all firearms and publishing lists of concealed carry permit holders......among many others.

No movements have begun to address the glorification of gun violence in movies, television, music and video games. The entertainment industries hypocrisy in this area is undeniable and sickening. The YouTube link I posted illustrates this clearly.

These forums are the exact place where individuals with common interests should discuss and defend those interests.

Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.