March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Gankai, Pat Gidley, Gerry Addison, Jtplumb), 791 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,012
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#27150 02/21/07 05:01 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

One of my sons sent me this. I thought it was worth sharing:

Next time you have a bad day at work . think of this guy:

Rob is a commercial saturation diver for Global Divers in Louisiana. He
performs underwater repairs on offshore drilling rigs. Below is an
E-mail he sent to his sister. She then sent it to radio station 103.2 On
FM dial in Ft. Wayne, Indiana, who was sponsoring a worst job Experience
contest.

Needless to say, she won.

Hi Sue,

Just another note from your bottom-dwelling brother. Last week I had a
bad day at the office. I know you've been feeling down lately at work,
so I thought I would share my dilemma with you to make you realize it's
not so bad after all. Before I can tell you what happened to me, I first
must bore you with a few technicalities of my job.

As you know, my office lies at the bottom of the sea. I wear a suit to
the office. It's a wetsuit. This time of year the water is quite cool.
So what we do to keep warm is this: We have a diesel powered industrial
water heater. This $20,000 piece of equipment sucks the water out of the
sea. It heats it to a delightful temperature. It then pumps it down to
the diver through a garden hose, which is taped to the air hose. Now
this sounds like a darn good plan, and I've used it several times with
no complaints. What I do, when I get to the bottom and start working, is
take the hose and stuff it down the back of my wetsuit. This floods my
whole suit with warm water.
It's like working in a Jacuzzi.

Everything was going well until all of a sudden, my butt started to
itch.
So, of course, I scratched it. This only made things worse.

Within a few seconds my butt started to burn. I pulled the hose out from
my back, but the damage was done. In agony I realized what had happened.

The hot water machine had sucked up a jellyfish and pumped it into my
suit.
Now, since I don't have any hair on my back, the jellyfish couldn't
stick to it. However, the crack of my butt was not as fortunate. When I
scratched what I thought was an itch, I was actually grinding the
jellyfish into the crack of my butt.

I informed the dive supervisor of my dilemma over the communicator. His
instructions were unclear due to the fact that he, along with five other
divers, were all laughing hysterically.

Needless to say I aborted the dive.

I was instructed to make three agonizing in-water decompression stops
totaling thirty-five minutes before I could reach the surface to begin
my chamber dry decompression.

When I arrived at the surface, I was wearing nothing but my brass
helmet.
As I climbed out of the water, the medic, with tears of laughter running

down his face, handed me a tube of cream and told me to rub it on my
butt as soon as I got in the chamber. The cream put the fire out, but I
couldn't poop for two days because my butt was swollen shut.

So, next time you're having a bad day at work, think about how much
worse it would be if you had a jellyfish shoved up your butt.

Now repeat to yourself, "I love my job, I love my job, I love my job."

Now whenever you have a bad day, ask yourself, is this a jellyfish bad
day?

May you NEVER have a jelly fish bad day!

Sidelock
Sidelock

This reminds me of something that happened to my best friend 30 years ago. We were in the Marine Corps and decided to go swimming on our day off. While we were in the locker room my friend decided to go to the bathroom. After we had changed we headed to the pool. I noticed that he kept rubbing his butt and I asked him what he was doing. He said that his butt itched. I told him to leave it alone and get in the pool. We both dove in and he started screaming and got out almost as fast as he got in. It seems that some wise guy had doctored the tolet paper with itching powder and the walk out combined with his rubbing had just about rubbed him raw. When the clorine hit he was a sore puppy for a couple of days. I laughed until I hurt.

Had a sergeant on bivouc who went into the woods without toilet paper. Used some convenient leaves instead. Guess what?

Sample my new book at http://www.theweemadroad.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Have a similar story to Jack's. When I was a kid, one of the local loggers (retired in his 80's) was out with his son checking out a logging job. Forgot the TP, and did the usual leaf thing also.

The only reason I know about this, is my mom worked at the clinic where he went to get treated for a severe rash! The leaves he used was poison ivy. You'd a thought a logger who spent his life in the woods would know what leaf was suitable for a job like this!

Cameron Hughes
Sidelock
Sidelock

Poodle in the microwave stories...

Setting up to hunt turkeys in the pre-dawn dark I made a mistake I hope to never make again.

It was muggy and hot. Thin pants and a light camo shirt were in order. Rain was not expected, so no rain gear was being worn. The decoy was placed perfectly, affording me an easy shot should a gobbler cooperate. The roost tree was not too far away, and the woods afforded exits to two likely strutting areas. After placing my decoy I retreated to the woods, through a lining of scrub brush that covers the first few yards of our local hardwoods, and selected a tree that afforded me a good shot on any turkey approaching the decoy from the roost tree. Silence was critical, and time was of the essence. Turns out, vision was even more critical. I sat directly on top of poison ivy---fresh, sap-laden, poison ivy. Focused on the hunt I remained on the poison ivy long enough, apparently, to soak through my pants and undergarments. I can't put into words the feeling I had in the pit of my stomach when I first looked down and saw the infamous leaves sticking up between my legs. Despite some outstanding steriods and anti-inflamatory medications I still suffered for a few days.

For all the hunting that I so dearly love, turkey hunting is not loved by me. Part of it certainly is the lack of a hunting dog, but much of it goes back to the one awful experience all those years ago.

Todd

Youth is stolen by Wisdom.
Ozpa #27293 02/22/07 12:08 PM

OUCH!

"The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference, they deserve a place of honor with all that is good". - George Washington

I'll bet the "worst day" award went to the jellyfish, not the diver

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.