May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
8 members (GETTEMANS, Bob Jurewicz, Guy Ave, bushveld, 2 invisible), 544 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,500
Posts545,481
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#27154 02/21/07 05:34 PM
QTRHRS Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Not much new to report but here it is as I certainly enjoyed the descriptions of earlier deliveries while awaiting mine.

Arrived yesterday. Notified a week ago Monday, by Carole that it would be shipped Tue. or Wed. Excellent packaging for shipment.

The order was PIF 10 14 05. SG, DT, SFE, 14 3/4, grey with 3X Claro. I'm going to be pretty picky in the description as there wouldn't be much sense in describing it otherwise.

Wood: High gloss finish, nice figure on the right side, unmatching good figure on the left, fair amount of fiddle-back, forearm matches. Wood metal fit: A touch proud everywhere except on the bottom where the trigger plate meets the action. At this point, wood and metal are flush. Overall, very good with the exception of a tiny flaw at the top tang. Metal fit: Excellent throughout. Checkering: Borderless, no over-runs, reasonably well pointed up but dark as other posters have al ready described. Barrels: Well struck with only a couple of hints of wavyness, nice soft blue, ribs are laid beautifully with no hint of visible solder. Engraving: Action is satin finished with shallow but very pleasing engraving, well shaded, engraving on barrel wedges and trigger bow is deeper and with sharp edges. Safety: Automatic with good purchase and little effort to disengage. Triggers: Feel like about four pounds with no creep in the front and only a touch in the back. Screws: Clocked. Ejectors: Evenly and well timed, throw the empties about seven feet, extractors lift enough for easy shell removal.

This gun weighs 6 1/4lbs. Is visually very well balanced and well turned out with it's case and accessories. It is a touch barrel heavy for me but that is entirely subjective. I do not like the CT tube wrench. The one actual fault is with the trigger blades. The triggers are not radiused for a right handed shooter and feel like (tactile not pull) a S&W DA trigger. I do not find the forearm too deep as some have suggested.

I shot the gun this morning and function was perfect. I found the gun very easy to shoot despite my impression that it is a bit barrel heavy to me.

I started by saying that I was going to be picky. Let me finish by saying that I think that CSMC has done a remarkable job at turning out this level of quality at this price. The gun exceeds my expectations by a third and my hopes by a quarter. All in all, very very satisfactory.

QTRHRS #27183 02/21/07 07:55 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I wonder how long before "Ed" starts turning up with RBLs?
Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Too costly; he appears to bottom feed the auctions. Probably visits widows after reading the Irish Sports Pages. Drop at heal=modest profit.

QTRHRS #27254 02/22/07 08:51 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I got my RBL yesterday also. Mine was ordered with a pistol grip, single trigger, standard wood, and 14-1/4 lop.

I only got a chance to assemble it, and play with it, but I am very pleased with it. I have seen several $2500.00 guns that do not come close to the RBL.

The gun feels like it will be nice to shoot. It may seem a little barrel heavy, but I usually shoot them better anyway. The trigger is the nicest of all my shotguns. It feels like its around 4 lbs with very little travel (for a shotgun that is).

Overall I’m very pleased with the gun.

Buck,

BUCK2 #27280 02/22/07 10:38 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave M. #27284 02/22/07 10:56 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Buck, where does your RBL balance in relation to the breech face?

Dave M. #27285 02/22/07 10:57 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

$5K? Must be one of Cabela's fantasy prices.

-Shoot Straight, IM
QTRHRS Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Alder, my gun is 5/16th in front of the forend iron or about 2 3/4" to the breech face on the horizontal. My call that the gun is a little nose heavy is entirely subjective as I said. I say this only in comparison to my go-to guns which all "feel" the same to me.

As far as the Cabela's gun goes, the guy paid about $3925. If Cabelas"s takes 20% for consignment, charges $4999., the net to seller is right at 4K. No one is getting over at these figures.

QTRHRS #27517 02/23/07 01:16 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Griffin and Howe has one as well-

http://www.griffinhowe.com/

then click 'Gun Room' then 'Used Gun List'

and scroll to

Connecticut Shotgun Mfg. Co. - RBL

$3850

Last edited by Randall; 02/23/07 01:17 PM.

Always looking for small bore Francotte SxS shotguns.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.