May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
10 members (Jtplumb, Craigster, battle, 5 invisible), 761 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,500
Posts545,478
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#311475 01/29/13 08:20 PM
jmc Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The For Sale forum has been one of the best parts of the 'forum' for as long as I've been hanging around here but is becoming a major drag as of late. Lots of negative vibes surrounding gun ownership in the USA lately and it seems to be creeping into this otherwise overwhelmingly civilized forum of double gun enthusiasts. I know the forum owner makes the rules and enforces them as time permits and has the ultimate discretion on what is allowed to be offered... but, I would wager that if for sale items are kept to only double gun items, we would suffer far less hostility. I know I don't have to read it if I don't like it but its hard not to especially when within the first couple of replies an outright attack has been waged on decent, longstanding forum members or just a couple of keyboard commandos go at it with anything from name calling to childish threats. Allowing this kind of behavior and the liberties that cultivate it will be the demise of this forum and a big loss to the double gun community. The current model no longer seems to fit the times. Perhaps a few [qualified] forum monitors with access to the knobs and dials could help keep this resource on the path it is intended for. Maybe a few tweaks to the for sale area operational aspects will help? I believe it's worth working on as its a mode of media that we are really more in control of than most others...

-jmc

jmc #311491 01/29/13 09:33 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Personally, I've come to accept the degenerates here.

jmc #311502 01/29/13 10:10 PM
jmc Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

That's great Dr. Not really talking about internet alter egos but they seem really enjoy trashing up the place.

jmc #311544 01/30/13 01:10 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

That's what happens when sellers can't read the rules and start posting Ruger rifles and Colt pistolas for sale in a Double gun only sale section.

I guess he couldn't take the "used sock" hint ?

jmc #311550 01/30/13 02:36 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I just don't read it if it doesn't interest me. I think it should but apparently that doesn't work for everyone.

jmc #311556 01/30/13 07:52 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nothing new. The characters change, but the roles remain the same. Like indigestion, this too shall pass.

Relax; we're all experts here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
That's what happens when sellers can't read the rules and start posting Ruger rifles and Colt pistolas for sale in a Double gun only sale section.

I guess he couldn't take the "used sock" hint ?
Joe, as usual, you are waaay out of line here. I know the seller of those items, and unless- and God forbid it- Dave Weber retires and puts you in charge, if it OK with Dave, and he gets his most reasonable $10 (whether it's a $1500 Colt SAA or a 20 Ivor Johnson Champion at $100), as my German speaking pals would say- "Machts Nicht"--The best sector on this forum, IMO anyway, is the classic rifles- and a G&H square bridge custom Mauser in .416 Rigby ain't a side-by-each gun- so what-- By trying to alienate a good decent guy (and a friend pf mine), the Gentleman from GA in this case- you are, inadvertently working the side of the street the "antis" inhabit- and as Lincoln said about divided houses-- at this time, with der Schiesesturm brewing in D.C. (and already going full steam ahead in New York) we don't need division here- we need unity and forebearance of others- even Bilious Bob and Ed "Da Torch"--and YOU!!

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
jmc #311575 01/30/13 09:10 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: jmc
The For Sale forum has been one of the best parts of the 'forum' for as long as I've been hanging around here but is becoming a major drag as of late. Lots of negative vibes surrounding gun ownership in the USA lately and it seems to be creeping into this otherwise overwhelmingly civilized forum of double gun enthusiasts. I know the forum owner makes the rules and enforces them as time permits and has the ultimate discretion on what is allowed to be offered... but, I would wager that if for sale items are kept to only double gun items, we would suffer far less hostility. I know I don't have to read it if I don't like it but its hard not to especially when within the first couple of replies an outright attack has been waged on decent, longstanding forum members or just a couple of keyboard commandos go at it with anything from name calling to childish threats. Allowing this kind of behavior and the liberties that cultivate it will be the demise of this forum and a big loss to the double gun community. The current model no longer seems to fit the times. Perhaps a few [qualified] forum monitors with access to the knobs and dials could help keep this resource on the path it is intended for. Maybe a few tweaks to the for sale area operational aspects will help? I believe it's worth working on as its a mode of media that we are really more in control of than most others...

-jmc
Amen!!!

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
jmc #311596 01/30/13 11:04 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

foxie is now preaching unity and forbearance...who wooda thunk hit?

keep it simple and keep it safe...
jmc #311610 01/30/13 12:41 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

While expanding the for sale section to none double guns seems good in some respects I would prefer that it not be expanded.

If it grows into all guns and non double related stuff it will become useless compared to what it has been.

It is not a prefect place to sell but it has been a decent option in the past for selling and buying as it is and enforce the rules

Last edited by old colonel; 01/30/13 01:09 PM.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.