April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (L. Brown), 1,092 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,142
Members14,409
Most Online1,299
Apr 26th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Beautiful little 6 lbs. POW double trigger splinter. 28" Barrels ring true. Used but tight needs TLC. Mounts and points like a wand. I am a novice to SxSs. Please tell me about this shotgun.

Last edited by On The Wings Of A Dove; 03/06/13 03:57 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wm. Enders Oak Leaf, Enders Royal Service, Royal Field, Royal Western, Royal American, and Special Service were all Folsom/Crescent tradename guns for Shapleigh Hdw. Co. St. Louis

More infro here
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1OxZo5Tkvx2G8eYf747QR9B5RJdN6Siu5JGIhfguSXXQ

Sidelock
Sidelock

Its an "MBC" (made by Crescent). I had one once. It doubled regularly, meaning both barrels went off with one trigger pull. It made the strangest hollow sounding ka-boom when it did that. I'd check the chamber length and shoot low pressure shells (RST or Polywad)in it if I were you..Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

I had an Enders Special Service 20ga as a teenager. Someone gave it to me as I recall. Might have been another shotgun, but whatever it was an orphan from somewhere.
Needed a lot of work to get it back into shooting shape but it was a good learner project.
I do remember having to (re)caseharden and fit all the lock parts as they were very soft steel.
The extractor was missing too so I made a new one and a rim recess cutter also simply out of need.

Another of Crescent Arms names as pointed out. I had no idea at the time,,wouldn't have cared either.
It was a shotgun that I could work on, it was mine & that's all that mattered.

A rather nice looking SxS,,I used it for more than a few years w/o any problems after the repairs. Used it w/ 60's factory ammo,,the cheap (inexpensive) stuff of the period.
Canuck brand comes to mind at just less than a dollar a box.

I think I was the only one using a SxS and a 20 at that.
A real man of the times used a pump or semi with baby mag 12's.
Oh well,,,

Sidelock
Sidelock

I had a Crescent 12 gauge hammer gun. It appeared to be a full choke gun in both barrels. However further barrel measurement revealed that it simply had a very tight 0.701 cylinder bores in both barrels. I figure they forgot to machine the bores to .729 after they machined the chokes. Anyhow, it was my first hammer gun, it fired terrible patterns and hopefully it's now where it belongs, in the hands of a cowboy action shooter.
Steve

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)
Sidelock
Sidelock

H&D Folsom advertising slogan which first appeared about 1918 and was used until 1935:

"CRESCENT GUNS ARE GOOD GUNS"

or not smile

Then again Folsom called themselves "The Tiffany of Sporting Goods"

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks everyone. Great info!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
Anyhow, it was my first hammer gun, it fired terrible patterns and hopefully it's now where it belongs, in the hands of a cowboy action shooter.

That is some funny schiznit!!!!!!!

Dodging lions and wasting time.....

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.