April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (buckstix), 426 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,800
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#317088 03/11/13 12:06 PM
Granger Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

HELLO TO ALL
What is the "extractor toe" ?? and what are the role of ejection system?? if someone can explain to me with pictures and it is even better
thank you

Sidelock
Sidelock

Must admit I have never heard of this . Is it one of those expressions that is used on your side of the Atlantic or has it been coined in a book ? Problem with guns is that names are designated to parts or areas that can vary between makers. Cities and Countries .

Sidelock
Sidelock

I wonder if it refers to the projection on the action that engages the extractors as the bbls fall and initiates the extraction of the shells from the chambers?

That's about the only thing that makes sense to me.

OWD

Good Gun Alerts & more:

www.DogsandDoubles.com
tw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

With tongue firmly in cheek, I think it [extractor toe] must refer to the Winchester model 24 & more specifically the part that fits under the rim of the cartridge. Certainly, it is not a term in wide use. Where & in what context did you find it?

On the term 'ejection system': it is a reference to a spring powered kinematic that throws a spent cartridge clear of the chamber when the gun is opened.

An extractor merely lifts a cartridge away from the chamber [fired or un-fired] irrespective of its design. It never ejects.

Hope this helps you out some.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've heard the part of the extractor that lifts the cartridge refered to as the "head." Logically, the muzzle-facing end of the extractor stem might well be called the "toe."

gunman, what do you call the "head" of the extractor? And, the other end of the "stem?" Ummm, better question - - - what do you call the various areas of the extractor?

DDA

tw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

That would be a 'toe-headed' extractor on a model 24, Don. It was a joke, ya know;-) I'd thot Researcher might have rather liked the description.

Like gunman, I've not heard it used before.

Granger Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

in fact, it's about the ejector southgate, I read this:"
When the gun is fully open and the ejector has tripped, the tumbler is in position No. 2. In most guns, the lock is already recocked, and you're ready to reload and close the action. As you do, the extractor toe on the action bar contacts the ejector tumbler at (E) and rotates the tumbler counterclockwise"
and I wanted to know is that it is a full organ or is it just the cocking lever??

tw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

OK, I thought you were pulling our chain [joking], Grainger, but I've read your previous posts & realize that you are in France & seriously trying to understand how some things work. My apology for being less than serious.

Perhaps if you go here, you may find better explanations:

http://www.jblanchdatabase.co.uk/technical.htm

You may also wish to look into spending some time with a competent gunsmith or arms museum curator who can help to explain the mechanism to you w/a gun in hand.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I would refer to the head as the part that lifts the case out of the barrel ,we are talking shotguns hears , the long piece that goes into the barrel I have always called the legs . Guide legs or pegs are the small legs at the top if fitted .

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: gunman
I would refer to the head as the part that lifts the case out of the barrel ,we are talking shotguns hears , the long piece that goes into the barrel I have always called the legs . Guide legs or pegs are the small legs at the top if fitted .

I take it that there is no name for the "foot" end of the "legs?"

DDA

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.