March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (David Williamson, Ted Schefelbein, SKB), 827 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,016
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
CJO Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

One of my friends on this board asked me what I was up tosaid he hadnt seen too much of my work lately, so heres an interesting project Ive been working on for a while
Harkom made some beautiful guns, and this one was no exception, definitely had the right provenance, but it sure had seen better days.
Since Im a sucker for this sort of thing, in no time I managed to see through all its warts and all the wear and tear. There was something about it , so getting involved seemed the right thing to do.. at least thats what I thought until the work began.
It had two things wrong with it, well three really. 1st , it had a mutilated left hammer due to an ugly repair, someone tried brazing the broken spur back on. 2nd, someone not too bright. probably the same guy, stamped his name (with a metal punch!!) across the address on the top rib. And 3rd , the gun did not belong to me, that last part didnt bother me much in the beginning but now that my end of the work is done I truly wish I owned it.

The picture below is the smoke print taken off the rib inscriptionnow tell me who in his right mind would do a thing like that? I guess Mr. Ferris was afraid someone would steal his gun

You can clearly see the name stamped over Edinburgh, almost sacrilegious....especially with the original lettering being so beautifully done

Engraving was completely struck off, new layout made from the smoke print
Took me a while to set up and execute that jobmatching graver cut was crucial for reproducing the lettering

I was quite happy with the way it turned out..once re-browned it looked original

I will usually finish Damascus in Black and white or dark brown, but I was asked to do these with a reddish brown tone.

This is an indoor shot, under artificial light

This one was taken outdoors

The Hammer spur was brazed on and the hammer burned and corroded.most of the engraving was gone

Needed extensive surgery to bring this guy back to life

The taste of poor quality lingers long after the cheap price is forgotten.........
CJO Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

All the pieces were annealed and some engraving picked up where required

Case colours turned out nice.I think someone will be quite happy once this project is done

CJ

The taste of poor quality lingers long after the cheap price is forgotten.........
Sidelock
Sidelock

Claudio, that's stunning. Will we get to see the assembled gun at some point?

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Top notch work Claudio as always.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stunning colors!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Absolutely magnificent. Your talent is amazing!!

nid-28
Sidelock
Sidelock

CJ, its been on here before but here is a link to some photos of an old Harkom I used to have in case you didnt see it and apologies to those who did, they are elegant I think

http://s222.beta.photobucket.com/user/ml...663708335629238

best, Mike

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Fantastic work, a true artist and craftsperson.

David

gjw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

WOW!!! What a great job, truly wonderful!! You should be damn proud of yourself.

I also have a nice Harkom Hammergun, Mark Larson is doing some stock work on her right now. As you said, "Harkom made some beautiful guns" and he did.

Again, great job!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

Your work is amazing!I enjoy seeing it,thank you.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.