May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Guy Ave, cable, Warren A, 1 invisible), 437 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,500
Posts545,479
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The Grand Blanc Huntsman's Club will be hosting their inaugural SxS shoot on Saturday, 8Jun13. Additional details and pre-registration instructions can be found at: www.gbhuntsmans.com. Pre-registrants will be eligible for a raffle of a flat of 20ga. shells.

Come enjoy some SxS fun with fellow enthusiasts.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

ttt

Sidelock
Sidelock

Phil, myself, Steve B, Steve A, Dave, Greg, and Jim will be there. I know it will be fun, you guys have a real nice club. Hope none of the uppies there have anything against smoke because there's gonna be some. Promise not to burn the woods down - Paul

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Bring it on! I was hoping you guys would be shooting BP.

Phil

Sidelock
Sidelock

This had to about 10 years ago - we were at Fenton shooting a NSCA event and I was shooting just for fun, not score. Had my " rusty but trusty " 1889 Remington hammer gun shooting BP and we were carrying on laughing and talking loud and caught up to the group ahead of us. One of them complained about me shooting BP and when I put my gun in the rack along with theirs they took all of their guns out. Then they noticed Dave picking up the shells they threw down when they missed a bird so they started stepping on them. I told the other guys in my squad to take my guns away if I ever get that bad. We still laugh about it today. Just wish it didn't cost so much to shoot smoke or I'd do it all the time.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Well, Paul, I think you'll find our club a little more accommodating. Most people reload and will pick up their favorite brand of hull if laying around. Nobody looks down on it or feels that shouldn't be done. In fact, one of the nice guys I shoot with is part of our Thursday crew (volunteers that keep the club ship shape) and he collects my preferred brands for me! As for guns, any of yours are nicer than mine and nobody removes their guns from the rack when I put one of my clunkers in there.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Phil, I think it was just some outsiders shooting the event- you know how some of those serious shooters can get. One time at your club we were shooting a NSCA event, had caught up with the group ahead of us and I was a ways back talking to a friend. Being hard of hearing, and wearing ear plugs, I didn't realize how loud I was. A young fellow was shooting and his father turned around and ask me to stop speaking. After they left I ask my friend what happened. he said the boy was trying to get his Masters card and both the boy and his father were wearing those amplified ear muffs. At the time I didn't know how those things worked so good. Live and learn.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Well no one is going for any Masters cards Saturday. This is just for fun.

Eis Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Paul this sounds like almost as much fun of a as the shoot at your club. And I know there will not be any "Duck Boats" that you have to shoot out of......Eric

ps Bet the weather will be better too !

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not this year anyways

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.