April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (67galaxie, Argo44, Sandlapper, Hugh Lomas, MattH, LGF), 1,076 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,433
Posts544,714
Members14,402
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

Why would the moderator remove Joe Wood's post about the bad gun? I'm not familiar with that forum, but someone here must have an answer.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A lovely example of a terrible fake.... smile

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought stupid,than open it and confirm.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ain't it great?

I'd love to know the history of this...

As in what the guys were drinking when they concieved the idea.

And... why the present owner is so clueless to represent it as he does.

The 'rest of the story' begs telling.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Shotgunjones
Ain't it great?

I'd love to know the history of this...

As in what the guys were drinking when they concieved the idea.

And... why the present owner is so clueless to represent it as he does.

The 'rest of the story' begs telling.

Well, the seller has been informed by several people on this board of the true nature of the animal and I guess they haven't responded to any of us. Oh well......onwards. We have other dragons to slay. (Boy, I sure got a lot of manure thrown at me on that board for my post pointing out the spurious item!)

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

This isn't all that uncommon. This one is only going for $3K.
Check out this one.
http://lefeverforum.informe.com/frank-lefever-presentation-gun-dt1237.html

Great-Great Grandson of D.M. Lefever
www.lefevercollectors.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Joe Wood
Interesting.
Actually, buying on auction sited is always "caveat emptor". If someone gets suckered into this gun as being legitimate I almost feel they deserve the penalty do their lack of due diligence.

True, plus the fact that when you get burned once because you did not do due diligence before writing the check, you learn a lesson that will never be forgotten. Most of us have been there and paid our dues.

You did all you could do, Joe. There will always be people who don't want to be educated.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
tw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I had a similar experience to Joe's some years ago on another board, pointed out a clearly less than accurate representation and was clobbered by the seller and his buddies since they were all apparently big dogs on that board. I was polite in my post & and simply pointed out that the gun was not as represented. Seller did not change their advertisement. I got over it & moved on. Its the intermentnet for the unwary.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think it is nothing more than a Crescent that has been polished and re-casehardened. Trying to pass this off as a real Rigby is a crime and the seller should be sued in a court of law. Bob

Last edited by Birdhunter56; 05/28/13 08:07 AM.
LD1 Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

This seller has an FFL. Could he lose his license for his
actions?

Sidelock
Sidelock

The Emperor's New Clothes:

Point them out at your peril.

Relax; we're all experts here.
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.