April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (AaronN, Jerry G, Ducks Rx, J.B.Patton, Lloyd3, Hugh Lomas, 1 invisible), 235 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,433
Posts544,713
Members14,402
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GF1
The bunch at Galazan/CSMC, including Tony Galazan, put me off many years ago at the big Las Vegas show.

Not much was going on at their table, and I was ready w/ cash in my jeans to order one of their M21s. They couldn't be bothered with me, I had to work to get them to show me a gun, got the clear impression my business did not matter to them.

Not far away was Don Criswell, who got my business on a nice gun.

I'd like to believe that CSMC is the second coming of the American gun making business, but my experience and some of these more recent tales lead me to believe otherwise. Don't believe this zebra will change his stripes; I hope I am wrong.

If you walked up to their table and approached whoever, be it Lou, Tony, or whoever, and said, "hello, I'm Joe Blow, how are you guys today? I'm interested in ordering one of your 21's, what do I need to do?" or anything near that, and they ignored you, (which I doubt), then you are right to blow them off on a public forum. Otherwise, tell us how they treated you so rudely.

Sometimes, a dealer can appear unconcerned when you're standing at their table with your hands in your pockets, staring at their guns, expecting them to read your mind.

Sometimes you really do have to step up to the plate and let someone know you are a buyer and not a tire-kicker. I've found waving hundred-dollar bills in the air works wonders.

Not judging, just saying.
JR

Last edited by John Roberts; 06/21/13 03:50 PM.

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hello khanh
What is the latest status?
Mike

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

Anyone who is in the business of selling something and who thinks they can tell a buyer from a non-buyer just by looking is a fool. Take it from someone who spent many years in sales and made that mistake once (but only once).

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Sidelock
Sidelock

I know this is like asking Mrs. Lincoln, other than the incident, how she liked the play; but would you mind sharing your thoughts about the gun, other than the missing grip cap. Mine's in transit #88, I think, and I'm hoping to enjoy it as much as the RBL and A-10. Especially the A-10, which is an outstanding pheasant gun.

best....mike

GF1 Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: John Roberts
Originally Posted By: GF1
The bunch at Galazan/CSMC, including Tony Galazan, put me off many years ago at the big Las Vegas show.

Not much was going on at their table, and I was ready w/ cash in my jeans to order one of their M21s. They couldn't be bothered with me, I had to work to get them to show me a gun, got the clear impression my business did not matter to them.

Not far away was Don Criswell, who got my business on a nice gun.

I'd like to believe that CSMC is the second coming of the American gun making business, but my experience and some of these more recent tales lead me to believe otherwise. Don't believe this zebra will change his stripes; I hope I am wrong.

If you walked up to their table and approached whoever, be it Lou, Tony, or whoever, and said, "hello, I'm Joe Blow, how are you guys today? I'm interested in ordering one of your 21's, what do I need to do?" or anything near that, and they ignored you, (which I doubt), then you are right to blow them off on a public forum. Otherwise, tell us how they treated you so rudely.

Sometimes, a dealer can appear unconcerned when you're standing at their table with your hands in your pockets, staring at their guns, expecting them to read your mind.

Sometimes you really do have to step up to the plate and let someone know you are a buyer and not a tire-kicker. I've found waving hundred-dollar bills in the air works wonders.

Not judging, just saying.
JR

Please note that I actually engaged them, did discuss with them the ordering process, handled a Model 21 on display (as I thought I alluded in my post). This wasn't was first rodeo, JR, far from my first engagement and purchase in the fine gun business, nor was I dressed nor behaving like a bum. Disagree that one needs to announce to a seller that I'm here to buy; if it takes waving hundred dollar bills to get them serious, I'm all for you and glad you have had happy experiences with them. Mine was different, and it was clear that Galazan couldn't be bothered with my business.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A few years ago at the spring Tulsa show. Myself & a couple of my buddies had three shared tables full of guns plus this & that which included a couple of Mdl-21's & a Parker repro 20ga just to name a few. Two guy's wearing tatered bib overalls walked up to the table to look things over. We talked to them & answered a couple of questions, but mainly small talk.

The two bib wearing fella's then stepped away from the table & talked for a few minutes. They then came back & asked "What do want for the whole lot" That set us back on our heels & asked if they were serious. Sure enough they were serious. After we talked it over & did the math we shot them a price for every thing. They opened the top flap on the bib's,pulled out their cash & counted out hundred dollar bills and we helped them load the stuff in their car.

That Tulsa show was over for us in a heart beat. If we would have steriotyped them, we probably wouldn't have made that deal. You just never know who your dealing with or what's going to happen.

A couple of years after that at spring Tulsa. Another friend had six model 21's sitting on his table. Tony Galazan walked up, looked them over a asked "How much for all of them" Needless to say he walked away with them.

Sidelock
Sidelock

If you have to wave money in the air to get their attention, they wont be getting any of mine.

The best hunting is between now and dark.
khanh Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Mike,
Just got back from camping with my boys. I am overall happy with the gun. The gun balances well and has a nice stick of American walnut on it. The trigger has a little creep in it. No one has called to tell me to send it back for a grip cap. I will shoot it this weekend. I don't know how to post pics, sorry.

Last edited by khanh; 06/27/13 11:58 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

"No one has called". Have you asked them if they would install a cap for you? I have no idea how mine will be delivered. I wonder if it's too late to call and ask.

khanh Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

When I called to inquire why there was not a grip cap on my Inverness, it was made clear to the several people I talked to that I expected a metal grip cap as per the order form. It was made equally clear to me that it wasn't going to happen so if they changed their mind then they need to contact me with instructions on how to send it back. I am not going to beg them to honor the order when they already told me to go pound sand.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.