May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
12 members (KDGJ, Borderbill, Hoot4570, 3 invisible), 602 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,503
Posts545,541
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for the clarification. I'll let you know how mine comes in.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Gentlemen,
At the Southern SxS when CSMC first displayed an Inverness prototype, I was told customers had to order the long tang to get the grip cap...and that was April 2012 I believe. CSMC was pretty specific to me and the others looking at the Inverness that the grip cap option went with the long tang option...and you had to order the long tang to get the grip cap.

khanh Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

CSMC was also very specific on their on line and printed order forms that as a standard feature you can get a "straight grip or pistol grip with metal cap". This description was on line until a few weeks ago and remain on their printed order form. Just pull out any of the recent catalogue with the Inverness on the cover. I suspect most of us that ordered did not have a face to face with the CSMC personnel and depended on the on line and and print order forms as to what to expect when the gun finally arrives. In my case I ordered 30" barrels, check. 2x standard wood, check. Standard pistol grip with metal cap, nope no cap.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Wow. I can not believe a grip cap can cause so much drama. If I was that into a grip cap on a O/U shotgun , I would have already contacted a stocker and have a work order with him to install a nice little engraved grip cap to look at. You got a good deal on your shotgun, my gosh man $200 will not change your lifestyle. If you are that miserable over a grip cap , call Tony.....I am 100% sure he will take his shotgun back. I drink the Kool-Aid and firmly believe CSMC is manufacturing high quality shotguns in most price ranges. I came to the conclusion long ago that the company has it's own version of marketing and customer interaction. I have found CSMC to be quality oriented regarding their products and stand behind them. It is their business model , it seems to be working for them. It is yours and mine decision if we want to support their business. Send the gun back or have a grip cap installed.

Sidelock
Sidelock

If the ad says it will have a grip cap, it oughta have one. Pretty simple. If they want to change the spec going forward that's fine, as long as they put it in writing.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
khanh Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

As stated elsewhere, it's not about the grip cap or the gun itself (it's a fine gun), it is about the lack of the grip cap. Many years ago I received a catalogue from CSMC for their Fox guns. Many times I drooled over the fine pictures but alas as a student, I could not afford the $5000 entry fee for the CE. Now that I can order one...or three of the FE's, I thought I'd test the waters with the Inverness. I hesitate to place a 30k+ order for one gun when I can't get what I ordered on a 3k gun. I am the first to admit that I don't get the minutiae of CSMC's marketing tactics. Go ahead and order our gun, pay up front and get what we decide you should get! Order forms? Order forms? We don't look at no stinking order forms!

khanh Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: greypartridge
...I came to the conclusion long ago that the company has it's own version of marketing and customer interaction. I have found CSMC to be quality oriented regarding their products and stand behind them. It is their business model , it seems to be working for them. It is yours and mine decision if we want to support their business ....

It just clicked for me. What you're telling me is that I should have known what was going to happen and the spec changes are part of their MO and if I expected the gun to be built as specified, I shouldn't have ordered from them. That it's my fault for giving them a chance to do it right with the Inverness. Lesson learned, thanks.

Sidelock
Online Embarrased
Sidelock

Stay on them Khan.

They've been through this before.

The American shotgun industry doesn't hang on your grip cap like some would have you believe.

On some entry level American doubles of the '40's, the addition of the grip cap signified an entirely different model.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Make them eat it and buy a nice Brit gun

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: khanh
Originally Posted By: greypartridge
...I came to the conclusion long ago that the company has it's own version of marketing and customer interaction. I have found CSMC to be quality oriented regarding their products and stand behind them. It is their business model , it seems to be working for them. It is yours and mine decision if we want to support their business ....

It just clicked for me. What you're telling me is that I should have known what was going to happen and the spec changes are part of their MO and if I expected the gun to be built as specified, I shouldn't have ordered from them. That it's my fault for giving them a chance to do it right with the Inverness. Lesson learned, thanks.

I guess that's right. CSMC ,gold plated triggers on two of my ordered guns, which I asked them specifically not to do. The two Fox guns turned out above my rather high expectations and are amazing. CSMC also added some rather cool engraving to the barrels I had not asked for or paid for. It was a manufacturing issue that he wiped out the grip cap....he could have given you a ugly stock cool

I just love the drama and seeing so many get their panties in a wad ....... you are so excited about a pot metal little cap that serves no function and costs probably $7.00 to make. Would you like some cheese with your wine? cry

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.