April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (bushveld, Lloyd3, bsteele, earlyriser), 463 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,465
Posts545,066
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
RCC Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I spoke with a lady at Kent's yesterday and she told me that there will be no more 2.5 inch 12 gauge shells brought in from Gamebore. Waterfowl loads only in the 12 gauge and 2.75 inch loads in 16 and 20 is all that will be available.

Does any one know of a custom loader who will take small orders for low pressure, soft non tox loads?

bc
Sidelock
Sidelock

RST may be your only option, not a custom shop but they are high quality, low pressure and come in subgauges. Expensive but what can you do...

http://www.rstshells.com/rst_classic_shotshells_shotshells.htm

(Scroll to the bottom of the page, non-tox listings are there.)

Sidelock
Sidelock

Is the issue chamber length or low pressure? Depending on your gun's chambers and chokes, Hevi-Shot Classic Doubles may be another option:
Product Line:HEVI-Shot® Classic Doubles
Gauge: 12
Length: 2-3/4"
Charge Weight:1-1/8
FPS: 1100
Shot Size:4
Box Pack: 10
Case Pack: 10
Hevi-Shot

Last edited by Doverham; 09/06/13 09:54 AM.

Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there.
Sidelock
Sidelock

What can you do? Load your own! We better get ready for politically motivated shortages, low volume discontinuations, and any number of interruptions. I choose to supply myself. Steve

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: steve white
What can you do? Load your own! We better get ready for politically motivated shortages, low volume discontinuations, and any number of interruptions. I choose to supply myself. Steve

I agree, but what will you do when the shortages include shot, powder and primers? Don't think it can't happen. Come to think of it, at $42/bag for shot, it's may have already happened.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

RCC, you are confusing me but perhaps the problem is that I am in Canada. I buy both Kent Tungsten Matrix and Gamebore shells. The Gamebore product is lead only and I can get that in 2 1/2 inch shells. The Kent TM is obviously TM and only comes in the 2 3/4 lengths.

Were you previously able to get a Gamebore TM in 2 1/2 inch 12 gauge?

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
RCC Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
RCC, you are confusing me but perhaps the problem is that I am in Canada. I buy both Kent Tungsten Matrix and Gamebore shells. The Gamebore product is lead only and I can get that in 2 1/2 inch shells. The Kent TM is obviously TM and only comes in the 2 3/4 lengths.

Were you previously able to get a Gamebore TM in 2 1/2 inch 12 gauge?

Yes, as recently as this past May, when I bought a flat of 6s. The Kent dealer I bought from backordered the flat of 5s that I ordered at the same time. I was told last week that the backorder will be probably be filled in September. The word "probably" provoked me to contact Kent and they are who told me that they would no longer be supplying 2.5 inch 12s loaded with Tungsten Matrix and that the only TM they would supply their dealers with will be Waterfowl loads in the 12 and one ounce loads in 16 and 20.

I understand the Kent's Tungsten Matrix comes to them from Gamebore.

The RST shells are only about 5 bucks more per box than what I paid for the Kent TM, but I don't like them as well. I feel that the RST product is closer to what Bismuth was, performance wise.

Can you buy 2.5 inch 12 Gamebore TM in Canada? I know you said the Gamebore loads were lead, but is there a chance that there is some TM around? The reason I am looking for it, is for Canadian guests coming down here to hunt with me in November. They shoot British game guns too.

Doverham, I bought a 2.75 inch chambered Poli to shoot steel through if I can not find a source of TM 2.5 inch for my light 12s. If I have to shoot 2.75 shells, I might as well shoot steel, I reckon.

As an aside guys, ordinarily I have no issues with ammunition, having a dozen or more flats of B&P 2.5 High Pheasant loads. I have the good fortune to have access to several scores of private holdings and lead is still permissible on private lands. But this year there is such an infestation of Foxtail on tilled soil here in East River SD that I for the first time in maybe thirty years, will hunt Game Production Areas a considerable amount of time.

If you are coming here this fall with dogs and are planning to hunt private lands not involved with commercial hunts, you might want to give your host a phone call and ask if he has a problem with the stuff.

bc

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.