May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (Hammergun, Dale May, Lloyd3, Mark II, SKB, 1 invisible), 1,075 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,502
Posts545,523
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Just waiting to fly out to the UK after a lovely weekend at the Vintage Cup at Robin Hollow's place in RI.
Yes, it is a great deal smaller than in its heyday and my sales were modest but.....
The venue is first class.
The weather was fantastic.
The food was excellent.
The shoot was very good (apparently).

Is it dieing as some would have us believe?
No, it is starting afresh in a new venue with a hard core of old hands and, if marketed correctly, will be discovered by a whole new bunch of excited new recruits.
I had people in my booth who were amazed by what they had discovered in a field in sleepy RI. They will tell others.
The event has legs, we need to look forward to a glorious future, not back towards a rosey hued past.

Last edited by Toby Barclay; 09/30/13 10:37 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Toby;

Good to hear of the new interest by others in fine guns.

Bv

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

My wife and I attended for 3 days and had a great time. Plenty of nice guns and accessories on display, friendly people, and fun events. Good food and a bathroom trailer instead of porta-pots! Everything was run very smoothly by an excellent staff.

We will be back next year.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for a first class show. My wife and I spent the day there Friday. There was plenty for her to look at. She even made a few purchases. The "Ladies Tea" in the after noon was a real treat. She is looking forward to next year. I'm sure we will both be back.
terc

Sidelock
Sidelock

I had a great time. The food and weather were excellent. Most importantly, it was a lot of fun to catch up with familiar faces (Carl, Frank, Bruce and Joan, David and Eileen and Jon), see old friends (Bob, Toby) and meet new folks (Dan, John, Russ and Ron -- thanks for letting me shoot with you Sunday).

Where else can you start a conversation with someone and suddenly realize you're talking to David Trevallion?!! I've read much about and by you, it was a treat to meet you.

While there may have been fewer vendors at this year's VC, the quality was very strong. There were A LOT of nice guns for sale. I hope the Parker folks took time to visit the Robin Hollow shop. Besides the rest of their fine inventory, they had a row of Parkers that started on the left with an AAHE and finished with a couple of Trojans without missing a grade. WOW!

I'm certainly planning on trying to make it back next year. It was a first-class event all the way around.---Matt

----MattH
President, Ga. Vintagers
Sidelock
Sidelock

The weather was great but it seeems to me there were less people walking tents than last year when it was rainy. Some small vendors told me they would never re cover the table fee, hotel,food and travel cost. In spite of the excellent venue, food service facilities and target courses. If you were never there you might think the week end was verygood but those who have been going for years will know some thing is going on. This was the smallest attendance I have seen. Last year we said it was move to the north and the rain that dropped those walking the tents . What is it this year?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I was never able to attend a Vintagers before but we managed to spend two days at Addieville this past weekend. The weather was perfect and the food, amenities,, and staff were more than helpful.. I got the opportunity to meet those who frequent this site and others who I have emailed over the years. I have shot at Addieville before so I was familiar with the course and the staff. It was nice to meet and chat with fellow double gun "nuts" and many others. We will be back next year.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It might draw a large crowd if it was in Vegas, coinciding with the Antique Arms show.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've attended 14 or the 17 Vintage Cups and this was far and away the best weather. Addieville is a lovely facility, but there is just no "walk-in" traffic through the tents there. I've always been there working at the PGCA booth and later the AHFCA booth. At Sandanona and Pintail we had a fairly steady stream of folks bringing in this or that old double for us to see/display/ogle/buy. Everything from Clark Gable's BHE-grade 20-gauge Dove gun or a DuPont family DE-Grade Fox, to Grandpa's old beater Sterlingworth. The last two years at Addieville, nothing.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Maybe you guys should do the Orvis show,a lot more people and in the right area.

Last edited by Jim Thoma; 10/03/13 02:33 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.