March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Travis S), 251 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,976
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
WDE Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

I picked up a Charles Daly Lindner last week at a local gun shop and found this forum...what a wealth of information here. It's a 12ga with 28" barrels and weighs 6lbs 7oz. I don't know if it is in the registry but anything more you guys can tell me about the gun would be much appreciated. Thanks

WDE Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Need some more practice posting pics.....here are some more

WDE Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

WDE Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

WDE Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

WDE Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

The only problem I have found with the gun is that one of the barrels is a little out of round. There's no dent visible but if you look closely you can tell that the barrel is no perfectly round. I'm guessing the tip of the barrel was bumped against something. Should I repair this or see how it patterns as is?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have numerous old SxS's that don't check round with a inside mic. I suppose a top SC's shooter would find it unacceptable, but for casual shooting they seem just fine. If you had a tapered round plug you could try and repair it if you found it necessary. I had a Parker that fell and made the barrel really out of round - I did as for mentioned and you can't tell now. In the Double Gun Journal, Vol. 16, Issue 4, there's a nice article on Lindner doubles I think you'll really enjoy. Call 1-800-447-1658

Sidelock
Sidelock

The damascus has no strength when struck from the side. It is meant to handle the internal hoop stress instead. It should not affect your shooting. If you are really concerned, pattern the gun before any attempt at repair.

I have a number of guns with small dings at the muzzle. They still take birds if I do my part.

Pete

Sidelock
Sidelock

I would remove the dent. A tapered metal plug will straighten it out with only a light tap from a hammer. Very simple job so why not do it. Guaranteed the dent will adversely affect patterns. Incidently, nice find! You can't go wrong with a Lindner Daly, they're in a class by themselves.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Always nice to see another Lindner Daly. Wish I knew more about them. And wish I hadn't passed on a really nice one about 12 years ago over a couple thousand dollars more than I felt I could spend at the moment. This gun, being one of the less decorated versions poses a couple questions. The fore end lacks the typical cross bolts on those with which I am familiar. Further, it doesn't appear to have the little black horn inlays on the bottom of the pistol grip and fore end tip. Were these items optional or not used on all his guns? The metal seems consistent with the gun's age so I hope to learn whether the stock is typical on this grade of Lindner guns.

Last edited by Jerry V Lape; 10/21/13 12:46 PM.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.