April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Jimmy W, KDGJ, Hugh Lomas, j7l2, 1 invisible), 1,064 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,140
Members14,409
Most Online1,271
Apr 26th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#343649 11/04/13 02:15 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I yesterday asked Canadian Firearms Program (the RCMP) about importing a Beretta double from Italy into Canada (which my nephew would buy in Rome). I received this today for members' information:

"Hello Kingsley
Thank you for your correspondence.

If your inquiry is about importing a Non-Restricted long gun into Canada, due to Bill C-19, you only need to contact Canada Border Services (1-506-636-5064 or 1-204-983-3500) for entry requirements for your situation.

Please see below what is required to import a RESTRICTED firearm into Canada:

You must have a Possession & Acquisition Licence (PAL) and you will be required to register the firearm before importation; you can apply to register the firearm on-line or download the application (CAFC 998) to register as a newly imported firearm from our website (www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf) or by calling the telephone number listed below.

Telephone Verification of the firearms must be conducted. By calling the 1-800-731-4000 and for International callers at 506-624-5380, a Client Service Agent will assist with matching the firearm to our Firearms Reference Table (FRT).

Individual should contact DFAIT and inquire about the International Import Certificate (IIC) whether a restricted or non-restricted firearm is being imported. If, depending on the situation, such permit is required it will be issued by DFAIT under the Import/Export Act. The number to obtain the permit is 1-800-267-8376 or (613)996-2387 if calling from outside of Canada.

When importing a restricted firearm, an Authorization to transport (ATT) issued by the Chief Firearms Officer (CFO) will need to be provided to the Custom Officer along with the registration certificate and the PAL at the time of importation. The CAFC 679e Application for Authorization to Transport Firearms (for Individuals) is available online with faxing information to the appropriate issuing province.

Should you have further questions, please do not hesitate to call 1-800-731-4000 and for callers outside of Canada at 1-506-624-5380.

Regards,
Scott"

Sidelock
Sidelock

King, do be sure that you are fully compliant with the Italian rules of getting a gun out of Italy. It can be a real pain and at least in my experience relatively impossible if one tries to use a common carrier.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks, Daryl. I've put your caution in my nephew's ear. Italy is a basket case bureaucratically; if it fails the country goes down and the EU with it. Its economy is right up there after Germany. Greece is a postage stamp compared to it.

I don't think he'll buy it unless he can bring it in as luggage after going through the Canadian rigamarole. He'd like to buy it there because of the sophisticated gunroom salesmen and provenance compared to the cowboy chatter at home.

No slur on cowboys.

Sidelock
Sidelock

king: a few years ago, one of my customers in Manitoba or maybe west of there was able to import a parker vh into Canada via an agent in Michigan...sorry, I do not have other info for you, only that it can be done. as I recall, his cost was around $200.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ed, my message today after checking with CBS to nephew in Rome, for what it's worth:

"Figuring there would be a lot of phone finger-poking selection to Canada Border Service, I called them from here and finally got a person who said she knew about importing a non-restricted long gun.

If you buy it, "make sure it conforms to non-restricted, not short-barrelled and check with airline re baggage. See that it has a trigger lock. Present you PAL, declare it and that's it."

You may declare "under his $800 or if it's over that pay eight or nine per cent duty and HST." Sounds simple, I said. "Yes, it is." If it's hooey, I'll plead the Fifth. Maybe someone at the embassy can confirm?"

As an aside, this is all illuminating to me. He's been using clickety-clacks and gas pipes as tools in the salt water gunning hereabout, not always for the faint of heart. He has a new SKB Model 100 bought years ago which is "too good" to shoot with steel. Now, thinking big money in Rome. He explained:

"The Beretta Model Parrallelo is a side by side. It's new, crafted for waterfowl hunting. I have no particular reason for gravitating toward a side-by-side over an O/U, only the experience of a side-by-side being the first shotgun I fired (and first black duck I shot) at Marion Boy's Choir. I was with Dad and I can still see him running for the retrieve shouting "You GOT it!"

Marion Boy Choir was a coastal property.

Last edited by King Brown; 11/04/13 03:51 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

King, I have imported a number of guns into Canada. Not very hard and and reasonably priced if you know who to talk to, if the gun is from the US.

From Europe, it's another story. I have a gun in France that has really flummoxed me, the main problem is finding a carrier. From Paris, not too bad. But from the provinces, it's a [censored] legally getting it to connect in Paris and be on its way to Canada. Paperwork is typically a matter of getting the seller to be sure he has correct forms and they are filled out correctly.

For more detailed info, please PM.

Last edited by canvasback; 11/04/13 10:54 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

What? We get censored for mentioning a female dog????

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here is more info about the Beretta 486 “Parallelo” Side by Side.

http://www.berettausa.com/products/beretta-486-parallelo-side-by-side/

http://www.[censored].com/shotguns/guns/shooting-the-new-beretta-486-side-by-side.html

Pete

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.