Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: pooch
Mr Webber, this really an outstanding web site. You have drawn people from all over the world, expert to novice to write about old guns. No small achievement. You have reason to be proud of your accomplishment. Thanks.

You don't have to spend too much time on the other sites to see the truth of what you said. Thanks Dave.

Alonzo Tubbs

Sidelock
Sidelock

Did I miss something somewhere? What happened?

monty
Sidelock
Sidelock

Monty, our "friend" Ed Good has been threatening everyone with libel, slander, rape, you name it. Fortunately, he has been banned from this board for a month (let's hope for an extension) but this new member got buggered by Ed's threats.

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Joe Wood
Fortunately, he has been banned from this board for a month (let's hope for an extension) but this new member got buggered by Ed's threats.

Translation for our British members: In Texas when a horse gets startled he was "buggered". When you are riding a nervous horse and his ears are rotating right and left he is "looking for buggers".

Best,

Mike

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Boy Ed has been a PITA but I guess I didn't realize how much of a pain he was till now!! eek
Jim
Buggery definition:
The British English term buggery is very close in meaning to the term sodomy, and is often used interchangeably in law and popular speech. It may also be a specific common law offence, encompassing both sodomy and bestiality.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Isn't the English language a funny thing?
smile

Last edited by skeettx; 12/16/13 08:27 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: italiansxs

Buggery definition:
The British English term buggery is very close in meaning to the term sodomy, and is often used interchangeably in law and popular speech. It may also be a specific common law offence, encompassing both sodomy and bestiality.

Now that you mention it.

I see nothing inconsistent with this definition...

And what ed good has done to his customers for years.

(not to mention this BBS)

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks Mike, the next time I see a horse doing that, I'll just keep my head down and walk away. Looks like I've been rumbled. I'm buggered if I know how though.
I've noticed the word here a lot as in.
'Some home loader has buggered it'
It always makes me grin, but I know what they're saying.

Rust never sleeps !
Sidelock
Sidelock

Another American saying
'Some home loader has buggered it'

In this case, buggered means messed up or fouled up or made a mistake.

Mike

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike,

I think horses are looking for "boogers", as in "boogymen", not "buggers". Not to be confused with those ever present nose ornaments, of course.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.