April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (ClapperZapper, Lawrence Kotchek, Ian Forrester, Hammergun, 2 invisible), 207 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,465
Posts545,057
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Friend emailed me couple photos of the above 12ga O/U imported by American Arms Inc, Overland Park, Kansas. It is marked as their Excelsior model and is from Elgo Eibar Spain. The gun is essentially new and inherited from old stock in his brother's gunshop. There are two issues I need help with.

First, the top lever won't move so the barrels are not off to get photos of the proofs. The style of the receiver is much like a Merkel with the reinforced shoulders and a top bolt similar to a Greener but almost rectangular in shape. That top bolt is protruding about .03" so I had him place a little penetrating oil on it's seams in hopes that might loosen the action enough to allow the top lever to rotate. The gun has not been used at all and probably dates from 1986 when these were being imported, so it may just be extremely dry in addition to being finished very stiff/tight from the factory.

Second issue is approximate value.

I will try to get some better photos attached shortly.

Last edited by Jerry V Lape; 04/03/14 02:43 PM.
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Jerry,

G&H has a similar model(Excelsior) listed. It is a Texas DU gun from the same time period. There price seems a bit high.

Regards,
Ken

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nice gun Jerry. My F. Sarriugarte is a SxS box lock. My cross bolt sticks out a wee bit too, I think they were meant to be that way. I really like mine....a nice handling gun.

Practice safe eating. Always use a condiment.
Sidelock
Sidelock

This is actually a DIARM gun, made after Sarriugarte, AyA, and a host of other Spanish gun makers closed their doors to form DIARM. In Spain, these guns generally are priced in the 2000 - 3000 euro range. What the gun would bring here in the USA is hard to guess; they are uncommon and don't come up for sale often enough to provide much historical sale data.

Last edited by Kyrie; 04/03/14 06:51 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

The Excelsior is the upgrade to the Royal.
I have a Royal and will be happy to discuss the
internals and value with you in a PM

Mike
p.s. I also bought a set of Silver I 20 gauge barrels and forend and they fitted up perfectly to my action smile

Last edited by skeettx; 04/03/14 07:00 PM.

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.