April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Mills, FallCreekFan, Ted Schefelbein, Joe Wood, 2 invisible), 411 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,787
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

My 17 year old has asked for a new bird gun, as a b'day gift. She has reached out and researched, as have I. She likes the CZ Bobwhite does anyone have any experience ,knowledge, or opinion of them? Thanks in Advance! Jerry and Hallye

Sidelock
Sidelock

I bought one a few years ago for my saltwater duck gun. I've shortened the sock to fit me. I take it with me on my extended trips as a back up gun upland hunting and for a day off shooting skeet at some of the local ranges on coyote trips in the SW. Other than being a little stiff to open it has been very reliable and surprisingly rugged. I like the black chrome finish on the barrels, it is holding up to the salt spray here very well.

I've posted this before in a different thread.
My duck guns.

Last edited by oskar; 05/13/14 02:58 PM.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here's a thorough review of a few years back. After considering it, I opted for the 28 gauge. It's more than just a good gun for the money. (After having the trigger pull lightened and crisped.)
http://www.members.shaw.ca/sharptail/CZReview.pdf

Sidelock
Sidelock

I had one briefly. It seemed like a solid gun for the money. My triggers were abhorrent. I returned it to cz to have the lightened to a factory 7 lbs! Still a bit stiff for me but I decided to move it along. For not so much more money if I'd look at the dickinson's being sold at cabelas. I think they at much more gun for the $$$$

Sidelock
Sidelock

I had a 12 ga. CZ Bobwhite, and it was good. Zero problems. I eventually moved up to a Cabela's Dickinson, which is a "nicer" shotgun.

gold40

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GLS
Here's a thorough review of a few years back. After considering it, I opted for the 28 gauge. It's more than just a good gun for the money. (After having the trigger pull lightened and crisped.)
http://www.members.shaw.ca/sharptail/CZReview.pdf

If you can get by with a 28ga rather than a 20, they do indeed represent a lot of gun for the money. Usually, inexpensive 28's are built on 20ga frames, and end up being heavier than 20's as a result. Not true of the Bobwhite. Handles like a 28ga should.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I really really like my 28ga Bobwhite.
No issues with it.

AIN'T MUCH A MAN CAN'T FIX
WITH SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS AND A THIRTY OUGHT SIX
Sidelock
Sidelock

You might consider a good used SKB sxs, particularly those from the Ithaca-SKB period. The model 100 will be the less expensive, with pistol grip. The 20 ga. is very light, and trouble free. The straight grip models cost somewhat more. Many posters here have sung the praises of these guns.

gjw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

You may want to consider another make. I see that your from down south, you may want to go to your local Academy and check out the Yildiz SxS's. I just got a 20ga and I must say that I'm very impressed with them. I've also handled a Bobwhite and IMHO the Yildiz is a much better gun. The quality is above the CZ. The Yidiz has ejectors, a SST (which has proven pretty reliable for a Turk gun),The trigger pulls are quite good BTW, not heavy at all, choke tubes, nice wood (not plain Jane at all), nice laser engraving and the weight is about a pound less than the CZ (mine weighs 5-10). The cost is about half that of the CZ, $469. You can find out more about them here:

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewforum.php?f=104&sid=4156c9c09513031af15f1ec5e937ebc7

My vote goes to the Yildiz.

Good Luck!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

All true about the Yildiz guns, Greg. Mine has functioned perfectly, and taken many limits, in the past three seasons, with nary a hitch. But, be careful, you may be put in that mythical group of shooters who "can recognize quality in a nice Brit gun, but who just don't seem to be able to recognize trash". crazy

As I've said before, the only thing I did to mine was lighten up the trigger.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.