Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
GJZ Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

It sure is a small cosmos.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Autoloaders rule here. I see the occasional pump but not many. I'm the only sxs shooter I know, nor do I ever see them in the field.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Clickety-clacks rule supremely here, too.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Each configuration has their place and I own and shoot a variety, except for a semi-auto. I think it comes from my days or running my previous club's trap & skeet program. Never a shoot went by without someone fiddling around with their stuck semi while the squad waits. I know its usually a case of "don't blame the arrow, blame the Indian", but nevertheless I've been jaded.

RCC Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: J.R.B.
Originally Posted By: PA24

Pheasant hunting at my place is a different story. Double barrels out number trombone pumps and crunchenticker autos every time. If someone comes to hunt with a pump or auto on my place they better be a damn good friend.

J.R.,

"So a Democrat from Minneeeeesooooooooooooota with an automatic has zero chance of getting on your place to hunt"...?

ROFLMAO.................

That is correct Doug.

What is true at John's is true a bit farther west, too. If you come to hunt pheasants and prairie grouse with us old farts in Eastern MT and don't bring a SxS and want to shoot birds, you best bring a camera.

And with that said, sadly Greg's observation in ND is also the same here.

bc
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: RCC
Originally Posted By: PA24

Pheasant hunting at my place is a different story. Double barrels out number trombone pumps and crunchenticker autos every time. If someone comes to hunt with a pump or auto on my place they better be a damn good friend.

J.R.,

"So a Democrat from Minneeeeesooooooooooooota with an automatic has zero chance of getting on your place to hunt"...?

ROFLMAO.................

That is correct Doug.

What is true at John's is true a bit farther west, too. If you come to hunt pheasants and prairie grouse with us old farts in Eastern MT and don't bring a SxS and want to shoot birds, you best bring a camera.

And with that said, sadly Greg's observation in ND is also the same here.

Dang Bob. I didn't think you'd be the kind to cold shoulder a fella toting a 1920's Nickel Steel Model 12, old beat up Ithaca 37 or a well used Remmy 31. What about the old timer who wants to use a 20 gauge 1930's solid rib A-5 or Model 11? All those old school guys just better grab the Polaroid huh?
Booooooo!!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here in my neck of the woods in NY , first you have to find actual bird hunters. most small game hunters (not many of them to begin with) shoot autos and pumps with a few over/unders in the mix. they are out for whatever flies, runs or walks.

Based on my observations, most real bird hunters that I encounter shot O?U guns.
I shoot doubles exclusively and A.H. Fox guns 99% of the time.
If I were to shoot an O/U it would be one of my Browning Superposed guns.

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member

RCC Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Listen Mario, er,er Dustin, you bring a SxS with you when you come north this fall.

Those old single barrel smoke poles are better suited to shooting ducks than sharpies and we aren't going to hunt ducks, no siree.

bc
Sidelock
Sidelock

Now that my father has passed, I have no friends who hunt with side by side, though several leave nice SxS in the gun safe and go with their O/U.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

LeFusil sounds like you need to find a Cosmi ! wink

Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.