April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Ken Nelson, bushveld, SKB, 2 invisible), 459 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,103
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sadly, if you want an H&W, better start looking for a used one. A customer of theirs recently told me that the current waiting line is very long and both gentlemen are contemplating retirement.

Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Doverham
Sadly, if you want an H&W, better start looking for a used one. A customer of theirs recently told me that the current waiting line is very long and both gentlemen are contemplating retirement.

One option would be Peter Hofer able to build anything ones heart desires or is it their deep pockets permit? I do apologize for some of my posts as limitless financial resource is very foreign to me. It's hard to comprehend that lifestyle unless one lives in that type of world. I would rather shoot ole' $600 Beretta and spend money on many hunting trips than sink >$100,000 into a single weapon. I do know people that want everything nicer or finer than another person. I can not comprehend that kind of living.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
Originally Posted By: canvasback
Originally Posted By: KY Jon
The state is happy to tax you and you are happy to think your voluntary tax is a game you can and will win. After all no one buys a ticket hoping they loose.

Jon, while I am under no illusions about the "voluntary tax", I will point out that I know personally three different lottery jackpot winners up here in Canada. The prizes won ranged between 3 million and 11 million and were all won between 1989 and 2003. And as was pointed out, these are non taxed lump sums up here. Not a payment a year for 20 years that then is taxed, as it is in the US.

I know a gent that won 11 million in 2002. He is back to work, hauling cars around the country, and has pretty much nothing to show for the fact that he was a lottery winner.

I thought this case was a rare state of affairs, but, it is almost the norm after a big jackpot winning.

Did I mention I never play?

Best,
Ted

Ted,

A little off-topic, but how's the new Setter coming along?

Regards
Ken

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

If,
as it seems,we have just won a massive amount of cash, & wanted to buy a serious bespoke shot gun/s, Id give a new WW Greener a good look,..not a St George or anything like that, but a top end SLE with lovely fences...
An AA Brown Supreme DeLuxe would be another , as Brown was mentioned above.
But I 'd really start looking to pile up a nice cabinets worth of of vintage classics sxs Guns, N rifles
Shite, I'd be delighted to have a break open single shot rifle...just ONE!!!!..:)
franc

Last edited by Franc Otte; 07/08/14 01:52 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Franc, if your winnings are massive enough to stand it let me know and I'll fix you right up with a Savage model 219 in the venerable old Thutty Thutty caliber...Geo

Geb Offline
Boxlock
Boxlock

Hello again Cousin Ninepointer, it has been a long time since I have seen you! Iffn you do win the lottery dont forget about me down here in Arkansas!.. Family First!..lol

Sidelock
Sidelock

If I had an extra 60K to blow this is as close to a dream come true as I could ask for

http://www.gunsinternational.com/David-McKay-Brown-Round-Action-O-U-16-Bore.cfm?gun_id=100415198

Sidelock
Sidelock

I second gwsmith's observation, the McKay Brown 16 bore O/U is such a unique beauty that I suspended all my prejudice against stacked barrels and simply drooled when I was able to fondle it at the Southern. Truly the epitome of the modern gunmaker's art, and very much a usable bird gun. Probably would not take it chukar hunting but it would add immeasurable class to any quail plantation that it graced. And it is reasonably priced for a new McKay Brown!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.