April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (Der Ami, Jimmy W, PALUNC, btbell, 2 invisible), 285 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,459
Posts544,985
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
tut Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Makes it easier to remove the "guts" with less disassembly required. But I had doublegun smith Mark Beasland look at the triggers on the field test gun I had from Cabela's (a 20ga). In his opinion, it wouldn't be a good idea to lighten up the pulls very much.

Curious why Larry, were the trigger sears made in such a way that they were incapable of being stoned, or was there another reason?

foxes rule
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: tut
Makes it easier to remove the "guts" with less disassembly required. But I had doublegun smith Mark Beasland look at the triggers on the field test gun I had from Cabela's (a 20ga). In his opinion, it wouldn't be a good idea to lighten up the pulls very much.

Curious why Larry, were the trigger sears made in such a way that they were incapable of being stoned, or was there another reason?

Probably because he didn't like the geometry he saw between the sear and the trigger. You mess with it, and now you have a gun that can be jarred off much too easily.

Can I be the first to point out that every single Turkish gun I've ever seen left me totally underwelmed?

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have shot two 20s and a 12 and they were all quite decent trigger wise. I don't expect a $5,000 shotgun for $1,500, but I do think the Dickinsons are a very good gun, at least the ones I have seen. Admittedly I have seen a small percentage. I still remember when "Made in Japan" meant junk.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here are the listings for a 410 and a 28ga that showed up on the Cabelas website today:

28 gauge

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike, thanks for the links.

They may be truly scaled frames, but they do not look like it to me. At least looking at the substantial thickness of the barrel flats that show from the side, and at the proportions of the barrels compared to the frames.

Hope I am wrong, though...

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Mike -thanks for the posting! I like the weight of the 28 ga. The wood on the .410 is pretty nice. Hope I can run down a few more choke tubes in 28 ga. All in all I think I can live with the 28 ga. Scratching the itch.....
V/r
Maxey

Sidelock
Sidelock

Scaled frame probably means they simply scaled the breechface to appropriate barrel thickness per gauge at the breech ends -- and consequently for the full length of the barrels too. No different than was done with Parkers -- the barrels to frame relationship looks like that of my 28 ga. Parker Repro.

They do a darn nice job on case colors and wood to metal fit for the price of the guns.

Ted, you may have used and no doubt would recognize the name of the gunsmith in Prior Lake who lightened the trigger pulls on my 16. When I told him it was made in Turkey, he hesitated to take the job, saying he no longer works on other Turkish guns because the quality of their internals can be poor and he doesn't need the headaches. I showed him the pic of the trigger plate action in a magazine article a couple years ago -- might have been SSM. Anyway, he took the job, trimmed the pull weights nicely, and said he was impressed with the quality of the gun. He was still a little wary though, and suggested I obtain replacement V-springs as a precaution.

I did handle one Dickinson at a local Cabelas that had a really sticky bolt, took a lot of effort to open it, and I would not have bought that gun.

Jay

Sidelock
Sidelock

The 410 at 5 1/4 lbs sounds nice.But full and full is too tight in my opinion.They are available.Tempting! Bobby

Last edited by bbman3; 08/28/14 11:08 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Would make a fun quail and dove gun. Wish one was closer so I could handle it.

Adam

Last edited by Adam Stinson; 08/28/14 11:50 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
Originally Posted By: tut

Probably because he didn't like the geometry he saw between the sear and the trigger. You mess with it, and now you have a gun that can be jarred off much too easily.

Ted's got the answer. No issue with access to the sears. Rather, a concern about safety if stoned very much.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.