Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 29 of 44 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 43 44
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
Me too, George, good clarity. Hobbes looks like my kinda dog.

"Embiggens"............. good word, George.

SRH
Jawohl- But how is he on Badgers?? Hobbes- without a Calvin, huum. Next to POGO, my favorite cartoon strip. I have also used the term "Biggered" but now I see another fine choice of phraseology, Prosit und Froliche Weinachts auf Herr Hobbes und Sie!!

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Although I love Calvin and Hobbes, I think this is best known from the Simpsons.

How about a short video with a boxlock AyA? I love that you can see my dog switch ends when he comes into scent.

http://vid991.photobucket.com/albums/af39/doebyc/quickturn2.mp4

Sidelock
Sidelock

I had to look up "cromulent". laugh I'm not fluent in Simpson-speak.

This is way off topic I know, but maybe Greg won't hold it against us for being a bit childish on Christmas Day.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I had to look up 'cromulent' too; not a Simpsons fan. I borrowed 'embiggens' from Steve Bodio...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

I added the video to try and include something with game/gun in it to remain on point.

Merry Christmas to all!
CHAZ

GF1 Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
Originally Posted By: GF1
Originally Posted By: steve voss
Beauty buck & rifle. Caliber?

300 Winchester Magnum, 1941 Model 70 barreled action (originally a 30/06) rechambered and with the sight boss turned off.
And also, the safety was converted from the first style (1937-1941)to the later version, where the Safe position is at 6 o'clock and the fire position is at 3 o'clock. I have M70 SG in 30-Gov't-06 made in 1940, and the safety is set at 9 o'clock, and the fire position is at 6 o'clock- In either design, half-way the sear is blocked, but the bolt can be fully cycled- Beautiful rifle indeed, and nice to see a Military 1903- M1 Garand style leather sling, QD swivels and a black buttplate that looks like it grew out of the wood- and the best scope money can buy, due to in part their unlimited warranty (Leupold)-- what grain weight and style bullet was used to take this animal? I use nothing but Rem Core-Lokt 180 grainers in my 30-06 for both Whitetails and feral pigs here in Central MI---

Thanks for the kind words. Correct on the safety mod, as well as the built up and checkered bolt release that doesn't show in the photo, Blackburn bottom metal, new Biesen bolt handle checkered on three panels, Biesen grip cap. Sling is Brownell's Latigo, pad is .7" Pachmayr Old English Decelerator. Scope is Leupold 6x42.

Ammo was handloaded 200 grain Nosler Accubond over 70.5 gr. of IMR 4350, Fed 215 primer, Winchester cases. More than needed for even a big whitetail buck, but it's my favorite rifle, it likes that load and I had some loaded up.

Merry Christmas to all...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hobbes is a Master Earth Dog and goes down tunnels very well. Never put him on a badger. He is so tenacious I'd have to dig him out.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
I had to look up "cromulent". laugh I'm not fluent in Simpson-speak.

This is way off topic I know, but maybe Greg won't hold it against us for being a bit childish on Christmas Day.

SRH
All of us who profess a Christian Faith are children at heart at Christmastime-

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Hoof
Although I love Calvin and Hobbes, I think this is best known from the Simpsons.

How about a short video with a boxlock AyA? I love that you can see my dog switch ends when he comes into scent.

http://vid991.photobucket.com/albums/af39/doebyc/quickturn2.mp4
I didn't see enough of the AYA, but a one shot kill- not too shabby- But the dog-work, on a low cover area and a blustery wind-that's the "icing on the cake", the crème on the de-Minthe, the cherry on the hot fudge sundae, and a solid retrieve. I'll take a fine dog like yours that hustles right to the deopped bird- maybe a stand to point until ordered to retrieve works on other game birds, I don't know- but I want a dog that gets to a downed pheasant ASAP- pheasants cling to life like Ebenezer Scrooge clings to his shillings.

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 12/25/14 06:54 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank you so much for the kind words. He won't win any field trials, but you don't lose too many cripples hunting over him. My son hit a chukar that day that due to the wind the dog just about caught before it hit the ground.
CHAZ

Page 29 of 44 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.