April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Ken Nelson, bbman3, ClapperZapper, Mark II, Fudd, 1 invisible), 1,024 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,476
Posts545,187
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have only seen pictures of this gun, and because I have one ordered I think I have read most of the threads. What I find interesting is that there is such a wide variance of opinion about the gun. Some people seem to be really happy and satisfied and others seem to be at the complete other end of the spectrum.

Not to be judgemental, but there also seems to be a fairly active stream of criticism from people that it appears have never seen or shot the gun. Most of this criticism seems to be focused on gun's cosmetics.

I am a hunter and I think it would be interesting to hear from the folks that are actively shooting this gun - balance, barrel regualtion, operation of ejectors etc.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Chitown, I think that should read "bought it but not shot it". My tongue is in the central position.

jack

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I don't have a dog in this fight-I just routinely check out the guns for sale area of a few BBS boards, and it seems there are always a few for sale-unfired, new in box, what have you.

I haven't ever bought a gun without the express idea of firing it. None of mine remain that way for any length of time.

I have plenty of 20 gauge guns that don't see enough use as it is, so, regardless of how they look or perform, an RBL wasn't in my picture.

To those that own them, love 'em, and use them hard, I say "Bully"! But, I'm curious about those that bought into the RBL concept, and want out, for whatever reason.

To my mind, that is a story worth hearing.
Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Gunflint Charlie
Originally Posted By: Recoil Rob
You guys sure seem to know lot about Oprah....

Rob -- Not sure if you were making a joke ... but it was national headline news when she gave a brand new Pontiac something-or-other to everyone in her studio audience some time back.

Interesting ... looks like Eightbore and I both lost a star to Oprah humor?!

Not from me, I don't care what you watch in your spare time and I don't play with stars.

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

The one RBL production gun I held in my hands, which I convinced my friend to buy, was the biggest reason I cancelled my order. I'm pretty sure I'd still be waiting for my 9-27-05 deposit order, probably for another 6 mos or longer. My concern was that the quality control had fallen apart.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have no attraction to any new gun. I think the RBLs have sold on hype and machine grade quality. You still get what you pay for, there are not $3000 dollar guns with $10000 dollar quality unless you get it from an uninformed little old lady and it's 75 years old! This country is full of people with more money than they know what to do with, Tony knows this and uses it to his advantage.

For those that bought them and enjoy using them, thats great. Guys buy 1200 dollar auto's every day and enjoy them as well. I don't see myself every doing either but to each his own.

I might be more impressed if the receivers were Beretta black and the wood with more of a satin finish. Maybe the case colors would be better if there was no machine engraving. I'm just weird I suppose.

It does not surprise me to see so many for sale though.

Last edited by Tim Frazier; 03/30/07 09:10 AM.

"Not all who wander are Lost"
-Hoppie 14'
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I bought two of them and think for the money they are outstanding! I am a gun nut like most on this board and decided to sell one of them and did so on this board so i could buy another side by side! Bobby

Originally Posted By: Marc Stokeld
That's a good one Cody-They bought a Boss to hold them over until their RBL was delivered and decided to just settle for the Boss and keep it. Thanks for the chuckle!

That's not quite what I meant but if it made you smile, then I'll say that's exactly what I meant

Tact is for those not clever enough to be sarcastic
Sidelock
Sidelock

Chicago: A Remington 870 Express will go bang every time you pull the trigger and it only costs 300 bucks. A RBL will do the same but costs ten times more. Why would anyone pay $3k instead of $300??? The answer is, looks and balance. People are willing to pay much more for a pretty gun. But if that prettty gun does not live up to expectations then people will cancel their orders.
By the way there is an article in the new Shooting Sportsman Magazine. Lots of photos of parts, but only one of a finished gun.

-Shoot Straight, IM

With all due respect IM, using the 870 as a comparison doesn't really make much sense. The RBL is not a pump shotgun. Show me a quality, brand new, light, well balanced SxS with choice of stock, forend, and trigger configuration, with choke tubes and ejectors for less than $2500.

The only thing I can think of that would come close is a Ugaretchea, and it would not have choke tubes.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.