April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (bbman3, bushveld, earlyriser), 427 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,473
Posts545,161
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Chicago Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

This gun must have set a record for controversy, but most of it seems to revolve around delivery, customer service and cosmetics.

I would really like to hear from people that have hunted or shot the gun. What is the overall evaluation, do you feel it is well balanced, barrels well regualted etc. How does it stack up to other weapons in your arsenal?

Thanks Chicago (Mike)

Received mine in mid-October and have shot 4 rounds of low gun skeet and hunted 5 or 6 days with it.
Weighs 6#3oz, nicely balanaced and shoots where I look. Choke tubes seem to be as marked.
Carries well due to light weight nnd rounded receiver.
Double triggers very easy to find.
Inspite of light weight, does not seem to recoil much.
Nicely finished, good wood.
I like it equally well as my Parker Repro and my Arrietta 557 16 gauge.
Overall, well the $.

tw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have one of the first guns. I thot to take it to south America last year, but it was ready for delivery to me just before I was leaving, so it didn't get to go. This year it will. It has perhaps a thousand rounds thru it now from dove and clay targets & such here. I like it and I enjoy shooting it, that's what I bought it for, to shoot. Am I biased? I dunno, I'd prefer to think not, but perhaps. Is the gun perfect? No, but I didn't pay upwards of $30K for it either. Does it have any real faults? In truth, no. Mine is perfectly regulated & it throws VERY nice patterns. I did not stutter. I do not much care for the wrench supplied for the chokes only because it does not much go in the full choke tubes that I prefer to use a lot of the time. Is that a nit I am picking? Absolutely! There really isn't anything worth getting all hyped up about in any negative sense w/these guns. They are a fine value in today's market, IMO, they are American, if that matters to the buyer, and they work just fine. I could say that it is still quite tight, which it is, but I expect that to abate with enough use; I'm far from there, yet. If I wanted to be really picky, I could say that there is ever slightly so much take up on the trigger, but that is also a 'nit' .. of the first order, 'take up' is + an RCH as Jaycee might express it. I have not mentioned finish or configuration because it has no bearing on function, per se. Mine has the single trigger. I cannot comment on the DT. I like the fact that it has 2 % 3/4" chambers. Do I have any regrets about the deal or buying it? Oh, I sometimes almost entertain the thot that I should have ordered two, but WTH, I didn't. If you were down here, you'd be most welcome to shoot mine at the club some and draw your own conclusions. Right now I cannot say that I have carried it all that much in the field, not extensively anyway, but what little that I have it has been comfortable in the hand. I have small hands. Perhaps something here will help to answer your question.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I received an early gun like tw. I have shot dove, quail and pheasants with it and several trips to the skeet range. I shoot the gun really well which is why we all bought them, I assume.

I did buy a second one.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: tw
I do not much care for the wrench supplied...

I picked up Carlson's Speed Wrench for my RBL at Cabela's.

No notches, just an expanding rubber plug that gets a good grip, then crank 'em out. Works great.

The copper colored one is for 20 ga., and can be had for less than $20. This is the wrench CSMC should have supplied.

Carlson's or Cabela's

Mark

A sailor's creed - "If you can't tie good knots, tie lots of 'em."
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have shot targets and hunted mine. It weighs less than 6 pounds and is very nice to carry. It is a bit light to shoot many targets with. I normally shoot a 10 pound tubed K-80. The RBL kicks like a bugger compaired to the K-80 but the recoil is not bad for fun shooting and it shoots where it looks.
bill

Sidelock
Sidelock

Shot game farm pheseant with mine last fall, kills birds no better or no worse than any shotgun I have. Most of the supposed subjective qualities that individuals experience with shotguns is just that,subjective, and very hard if not impossible to quantify. The RBL is a sxs shotgun and will do its job if you do.-Dick

Chicago Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Chris: Please share where I can shoot four roosters a day? How did those 12 ga shells work for you - I have always found it a hassle trying to get those 12's in my 20's.

Thanks to all of you for commentary, it eases my mind that the balance seems to be good and the weight in the area of 6 lbs.

Looking forward to using mine this fall - it should be here in a week or so.

Good hunting and as a birdhunting friend says "I dont know how many guns I have but I know I need one more"

Chicago (Mike)

Chicago Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Shooting Star: Thanks for the tip on the wrench. Next stop is Cabelas web site.

Today, I spoke with "CAROL, The Countess of RBL's" about deliveries. She said they are finishing up and shipping guns ordered in Noember 2005. Soon, they will start on the December 2005 orders, including mine. Supposedly, they usually get shipped one or two months later.

If all stays on course, I should probably receive my RBL about Memorial Day. That is also opening day of squirrel season in Missouri, so perhaps its initiation may be with fur instead of feathers.

Jerry Goldstein

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.