March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (SKB), 888 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,015
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#385267 11/24/14 11:58 AM
KY Jon Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Is there anything more worthless than the Post Office's tracking system? Been trying to track a gun that was shipped two weeks ago. Nothing comes up in the system. Has not arrived yet. Should have been here in two days. No one knows where it is. Great service.

Sidelock
Sidelock

My main beef with the USPS (which I rely on for many non-gun related services) is that they don't know their own regs, let alone US and CA law.

My local PO steadfastly refuses to ship long guns, in spite of my having patiently shown them their own regs and the federal and CA laws--IN PRINT. Since I absolutely rely on these guys for other services, I've tried not to be obnoxious about demanding my RIGHTS. I guess I'm gonna have to go over their heads to a "higher authority" in a regional service center (I DON'T usually do stuff like that!).

Using The Brown Truck involves a 15-mile drive each way to a "Regional Service Center" over freeways and thru some industrial areas where you often get to wait for a freight train. A real pain; impossible during commuter hours. But they DO know the laws and abide by them. Several people at the customer service counter are shooters! One woman shooter there can recite the regs verbatim!

PM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Was the gun sent registered mail?

PM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Mike A.
My main beef with the USPS (which I rely on for many non-gun related services) is that they don't know their own regs, let alone US and CA law.

My local PO steadfastly refuses to ship long guns, in spite of my having patiently shown them their own regs and the federal and CA laws--IN PRINT. Since I absolutely rely on these guys for other services, I've tried not to be obnoxious about demanding my RIGHTS. I guess I'm gonna have to go over their heads to a "higher authority" in a regional service center (I DON'T usually do stuff like that!).

Using The Brown Truck involves a 15-mile drive each way to a "Regional Service Center" over freeways and thru some industrial areas where you often get to wait for a freight train. A real pain; impossible during commuter hours. But they DO know the laws and abide by them. Several people at the customer service counter are shooters! One woman shooter there can recite the regs verbatim!

Ask to see the Post Master. If he/she refuses the shipment take names and tell them your next stop is your Congressman's office. Then do it if necessary which it most likely won't be.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The above advise is relevant whenever you're dealing with a bureaucracy. The only way to get around clueless clerks is to take your complaint upstairs and to keep complaining until something is done.
Of course some of the inane postal regulations should be revised or removed completely IMO but I'm not holding my breath waiting for this to happen.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I shipped a 20 ga Sterlingworth to Washington State once and it finally arrived in good shape in about two weeks.Usually takes only two or three days.Bobby

Sidelock
Sidelock

Once shipped a Lefever to Ohio registered mail. After two weeks the recipient called me to complain the gun had not arrived. When I initiated a postal search they accounted for the gun at each arrival with signatures of the responsible postal clerks. Finally at the final destination the clerk who signed for the gun went on vacation for two weeks. She put the package in a locked drawer so it would be safe during her absence, and of course told no one...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: PM
Originally Posted By: Mike A.

Ask to see the Post Master. If he/she refuses the shipment take names and tell them your next stop is your Congressman's office. Then do it if necessary which it most likely won't be.

Thats the best and only way,when dealing with the clerk they have a way of making things up that the Post Master will not be able to do.

Registered is by far the safest (everyone who touchs it must sign for it) but is so darn slow.I usually go with Priority even with guns,the tracking is indeed slow but you can go directly to the USPS and have them find were it is-I think their tracking is more upto date.

UPS and Fed Ex (not as bad) are not worth the risk-they steal to much IMO,and you have to go to the hub (no franchise location) to ship guns,and handguns are overnight only-(this is the only choice for unlicensed individuals).

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

We only hear about the problems. FedEx, UPS and USPS all have some. We hear nothing about the millions of items that arrive on time as advertised.

I belong to a wine club that ships via FedEx. When ever my order is ready and picked up at the winery, I get a computerized phone call from FedEx saying I have a package that needs an adult signature arriving the next day. If you type in the tracking number on the FedEx web site you find the package has only arrived at the hub in Sacramento!! It really arrives two days later here at the back of beyond.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Amazingly, I've never had an issue with the USPS and continue to use them singularly. The tracking has always been spot on. The local Post Mistress (Master or whatever you call her) and her reports know me on sight and automatically ask all pertinent questions concerning shipping and insurance. I always offer a copy of the FFL for there record. Easy Peasy Japanesey!

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.