Unfortunately these rifles appeal only to us old codgers. I was at a show last spring and a young man had a table full of nice military sporters. Springfield, Mauser. a few Enfields and Krag mostly. The prices were up to $300. I don't think he sold a one. Young people want "black guns" and auto shotguns. Shooting is a dying sport in much of the USA and the weapons we have collected like the Win 12 and the HiStandard 22 pistols sit on the store shelves for a long time. I was in a shop not long ago that had someone's consignment of HiStandards. There was a Sport King with an $800 price on it. It will sit there for a long time at that price. My FFL was talking about the market trends not long ago. It's just like muscle cars of the 60's and sports cars. It's hard to get $20,000 for an MG when a Subaru WRX will blow it's doors off and in comfort with less trouble. I know "different markets" but I'm saying that a lot of us have stuff that is hardly worth what we paid for it 15 years ago (unless you have a closet full of Colt Pythons)and the Colt is an aberration caused by a TV program.

Anything Worth Doing is Worth Overdoing