April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
12 members (Jimmy W, Hammergun, David Williamson, CJ Dawe, Marks_21, 2 invisible), 448 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,092
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#390024 01/11/15 01:33 PM
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Have any of you fellows attended this show in Las Vegas,Nev. I understand there are a lot of custom rifles & gun makers. Is this true? I'm wondering if it's worth the trip from Scottsdale Az. Thanks

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lots of antiques, lots of customs, lots of engravers, lots of knife makers and the International Sporting Arms section. I would say don't miss it. Right Drew?

Sam Welch
Sidelock
Sidelock

If you've never been to this show, I predict you'll say afterward it's the best one you've ever seen. Bring lots of money.

Bill Ferguson
LRF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Everyone should do it at least once...lots of fun. And since I do not gamble the show is what I am talking about

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm planning to display there in the so--called International Arms Makers area. This show has the best mix of classic and custom guns I've ever seen.

mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

last year i played a really nice custom made guitar something for every body

Sidelock
Sidelock

It will be there again this year.

Sam Welch
Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree with Bill...BRING CASH! [BTW with whom my wife and I had a nice dinner there last year, along with his son.] There are bargains to be had, but you HAVE TO LOOK HARD! I found 3, 1 from Bill himself (check his table out!), a Custom Kenneth L. Hooper Wy..250 Savage 1903 Springfield $950 which included a D&T job, a very nice signed P.O. Ackley 1903 Springfield in .244 Rem.[6mm Rem.] with beautiful Fleur di Lis checkering and French Walnut Stock with early 60's Redfield 8x scope $525 [a female dealer didn't know what she had and priced it at that] and a NIB Interarms Safari Model Mark X Mauser [Manchester England Mfg.] .270 Win. $435, identical to the .375 and .458 they made in the 80's with all the bells and whistles. FWIW and INHO The Custom guns seem to me, to be higher at these shows in hopes of people, impulse buying. The good thing is, if it was made you are likely to see at least one, if not several there. So if you have been looking for a particular gun for years and have not found it, unless it is BO WHOOP...GO! However when you find it, be prepared to pay for it. The accessory market is a mixed bag, I bought a 1903 NRA SPORTER SHOTGUN BUTTPLATE-ORIGINAL BLACK OXIDE FINISH, with some honest wear but still nice for $50 but then some people wanted $200 for an alloy reproduction. It has been my experience, the smaller dealers will work with you from day 1, because most have come to deplete their limited stock and want to return home, empty handed. The bigger dealers and haute coture gunmakers are pretty well there, with the attitude "TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT" and maybe a 5%-10% discount on a $3,000 gun. You won't get much of a haggling environment in the MAIN ROOM because there are too many people, asking questions and coming in and out of the booths. If you want to bargain, go EARLY WHEN THEY FIRST OPEN and people are sparse, so the owners can focus on your offer. These are some hints I have found to be helpful, in 62 years in the business. [I grew up in a Gun Store] Oh Yes, and if it seems like I am picking on Dealers...I am not! A bit of advice for the buyer, If you make an offer, try to make a FAIR offer or don't make one at all. Tell the dealer you just can't afford the gun now and how much you have to spend, you may be surprised at the deal he OFFERS YOU! Either way a dealer is more likely to take you SERIOUS if your offer is IN THE BALLPARK, THAT IS ASSUMING HIS PRICE IS FAIR! Good Luck and Happy Buying!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Look forward to seeing you Sam and Bill…

Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

I just came home from attending this show. It was wonder full. If I only had a couple million bucks to spend. I met Steven Dodd Hughes & bought both of his books. I will sure enjoy reading them. I also went out & bought a piece of English walnut from Ceicel Freidi. I wonder how many thousands of blanks he has in that building. Thanks for the advice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.