April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 875 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,839
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I grew up in a Gun Store family and I have an Ithaca Shotgun Advertising Poster the " Woodcock" it is in what I would say is mint condition given its age. There are no real bends or creases, as it has been rolled up in of all things, a Christmas Wrapping Paper Tube. There is only the slightest of staining on the very lowest edge, [if framed it wouldn't show]and I believe that came from some glue in the tube over the years. There are no tears or damage. The last time I remember my Dad getting this out was when I had just graduated from Law School. He tried to give it to me then but I said, "just wait till my kids are going to college!" Well my youngest has been accepted to Harvard and I guess it is time to list it and find out what it is worth. I am not a Ithaca Collector so this is above my pay grade. I have listed a photo so that you might get an idea of what I'm talking about. Thanks in advance for any help you might give!

Last edited by Alvin Linden; 01/19/15 04:37 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Alvin, I can give you a little help. Send me your email addy. Ithacarick@aol.com

Sidelock
Sidelock

1976 era. they sold to the public for $5.00. It is a reprint from a much earlier poster. Value?? in the $50 range my guess. Ithaca Rick is a much smarter guy than me so go with him.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Authenticated as original issue, value is probably in the low thousands range from a collector.
And therein lies the problem.
With the advent of excellent printers a few decades ago, I and many other collectors stopped buying and got out because the fakes were very hard to tell and you needed an optical analysis of the ink and paper to determine the vintage.
Classic Poster BTW!-Dick

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Just last week an early cardboard cutout of a wild turkey in flight, 23" wide, with the attached advertisement, "Ithaca Featherlight Repeaters" sold for $500 on Ebay. There's currently a cardboard cutout of a woodcock in flight without the above attachment that was part of the same advertising campaign by Ithaca. It's mistakenly id'd as a "snipe" in the Ebay ad. Gil
PS: Don't know whether to offer congratulations or tuition condolences to your youngest getting into Harvard. wink

Sidelock
Sidelock

Alvin, not to hijack this, but is your father the famous gunsmith/rifle builder? Been wondering.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Well where to begin...
Spoke to Rick... he's a great guy, we agreed no one knows about these things for sure, maybe early...early Repro or even 2nd run!

Walter... this paper is way to old to be a 1976 item, so errrrrrr Thank You for playing!

Dick... I couldn't agree more. One thing it isn't... a fake, maybe a repro from the first 30 years of the last century.
Going to put it on ebay and let the market determine its' value.

GLS Speak of coincidence, I have a 40's-50's vintage Savage Cardboard 3D Cutout Free Standing Display going up on ebay Sunday...I know is legit. It was in the family Gun store when I was a toddler [I'm 62].
Thanks... I went after 2 tours in Nam when it cost $18,000 a year. That'll TEACH ME TO SET AN EXAMPLE!

John: My grandfather was a champion English Pointer breeder in the 20's-40's and got to know Alvin while attending Field Trials in Wisconsin. Owning a Gun Store [GRANDAD] they did business with one another till Alvin's death in 1945. He built a 03 Sporter for my granddad based on a NRA Sporter BARRELED ACTION with a Zeiss Zielklein. It has the CORD Grill style checkering. I just took the moniker,in honor of "OL SKRATCH". No Blood...Just History

Thanks and GOD BLESS FOR ALL THE HELP!

Jerry

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.