"You aought to be writing nostalgia stuff for the L C member newspaper. There are 2 types of L C guns, those that have cracked and those that will crack sooner or later. L C is one of the poorest designs ever sold to american shooters. it always amazes me the number of chaps with blinders on when it comes to L C. You have a steel and wood gun and then are told to glasbed to be able to shoot it a lot and then limit to light loads ezily handled by other period guns. ya right. Its always an adventure shooting a L C. You shoot two shots and look for cracks behing the tang or lock plates. Load and shoot two more, look again. repeat as long as you dare."

The problem with this retort is that I can't tell if you are taking a playful poke at me, or if you are serious. Engaging in a fight with a skunk has never worked out well for me, on the net or in person. At least in person I can tell whether to engage in good hearted banter, or to back away slowly.

I'll take it as good hearted banter though, and wish you well with your own double gun adventures. Care of a hundred year old gun should include maintenance of the wood regardless of the lock design or manufacturer.

Best to you.

Rob

Last edited by Fishnfowler; 02/04/15 10:15 PM.