March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Ken Nelson, SKB, skeettx, LRF, Lawrence Kotchek, Karl Graebner), 875 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
jmc #393167 02/06/15 10:38 PM
Boxlock
Boxlock

I have only purchased a few guns off internet/over the phone. I had a minor issue with a recent purchase. The seller's response was immediate. He sent me a prepaid shipping label to his gunsmith. He is covering the cost of the repair and is paying for the return shipping to me as well.

Brian #393183 02/07/15 10:03 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

tut: it is what it is, depending on who you are doing business with...it very important that you post feedback against those you feel have done you wrong. that is the only way the rest of us can avoid doing business with those whose only purpose in selling on gunbroker is to make money, without concern as to what is fair...

and read the sellers terms and conditions. and if he does not address potential issues, then ask questions.

it still amazes me, that so many sellers do business on gunbroker with no return policy! dont know how they do that, but they do.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Brian #393186 02/07/15 11:01 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

For what is approaching 40 years of buying probably way over 100 guns by mail, with few exceptions, I've had to pay shipping both ways, regardless of the reasons or issues. A whole lot of those were when shipping and insurance was $20-$25, no big deal. Now it runs twice that and more, so it hurts worse than it used to.

I learned way back to ask if the seller would sell AND ship the gun for X dollars, so you at least felt like he was paying for one way.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Brian #393193 02/07/15 12:03 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Brian
no, the description is as I copied it off of his website today

Thats says it all right there,material defect undisclosed,returned and STILL undisclosed.

Unfortunately there are many sellers on line-including 2 on this forum ,Alvin Linden (bogus descriptions on GB)and Ed Good,no clear return policy that in his own words "works for him"who use it to the sellers advantage and buyers disadvantage
Not to Long ago a new member came on here to try and get Ed to live up to is return policy after he was stuck with an off face gun and Eddy threatened him !:

http://doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthrea...3787#Post383787

Hillary For Prison 2018
Brian #393203 02/07/15 01:11 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Brian you are right that we need to be aware of this seller and how he handles his mistakes. Lousy. If he was a first class seller he would refund your shipping cost because the mistake was his not yours. I have dealt with you and know what a stand up guy you are. But in the real world, when dealing with sellers off the net you will find too many interested more in profit than keeping a reputation.

Were you getting this gun in for a customer or to sell to a customer? If the first then he should pay the shipping. As noted before your other option is to post this transaction on about ten forums and see how he likes that much bad publicity out there. That seventy dollars of shipping would be worth hundreds of dollars of bad press, if everyone knew the facts. And once out on the net it never goes away. A potential buyer can do a search and hear about this years later. I do a search for sellers problems before I buy a lot of things. And nit all complaints are justified when you look into them but this one is in my opinion.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: John Roberts
For what is approaching 40 years of buying probably way over 100 guns by mail, with few exceptions, I've had to pay shipping both ways, regardless of the reasons or issues. A whole lot of those were when shipping and insurance was $20-$25, no big deal. Now it runs twice that and more, so it hurts worse than it used to.

I learned way back to ask if the seller would sell AND ship the gun for X dollars, so you at least felt like he was paying for one way.
JR

Spot on, Mr. Roberts. I'll add only this much-I'd NEVER consider a gun at auction, and I'm getting less and less inclined to buy guns I can't handle and inspect prior to my money going for them.
A few of the retailers in my neck of the woods don't accept returns on guns or ammunition, period.

Best,
Ted

Dave K #393225 02/07/15 03:41 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Obviously this lowlife, bottom feeding, motor mouth, piece of shit never learns a lesson. When he intruded on my business once before, I listed the following in the listing he tried to ruin.

Note:... This CORRECTION WAS BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION BY A GROUP OF YAPPING, BUSYBODY,LAPDOGS,SNIVELING,BOOTLICKING AND BACKBITING THUGS, LED BY "DAVE K" OF NEW HAMPSHIRE AT ANOTHER SITE. WHERE THEY HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN STAY ON THEIR COMPUTER ALL DAY, GETTING INTO OTHER PEOPLE'S BUSINESS AND THEN CALLING THEMSELVES INVESTORS ETC.!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND ATTENTION.

He threatened ,pleaded ,cajoled, whined, bargained and finally just, shut up about me removing his name. I left it for the world to see what a pocket of pus he is.

The following is that auction's resulting FEEDBACK verbiage [note 1 OF 107 A+ out of 108, only 1 neg, it was a SELLER'S retribution neg FB,over 10 years ago]
The following is what, I received from the sale of that maligned rifle, in spite of Dave K's and other's interference in the auction, attempting to convince the bidder not to buy.

A+ Beautiful rifle. Good communications. Quickly shipped. Hope to do business again.

alsharpe A+(174)
Seller 12/16/2014 4:59 PM

After listing his name he threatened me numerous times on DGS PM system and stated:
"he would hunt me down on the internet forever" among other threats. Now he shows up libeling my name again, without any provocation or contact from me, or mention of me whatsoever.

He threatened to go to the State Bar and I told him, he was an idiot.

Now without provocation, or anything done by me whatsoever, 2 months later, here he is bashing my name again and listing me on the DGS as a liar, crook etc. I will let those members here that have done business with me that are still living Rocky MT. BILL, LRF, XUSA, just to name a few, comment on my honesty or lack therof, if they so care to. However to deal with shit for brains, DAVID K. WHEELER, I will include the following in the verbiage of EVERY LISTING I HAVE, TO SELL A GUN, SCOPE, ACCESSORY,AMMO, ETC. from now on if he ever mentions my name again without first being provoked by me, after today. If he responds to this, I will immediately edit all my current listings to include the following statement:
[u]IF YOU ARE CONTACTED BY ANYONE WITH THE INTERNET NAME DAVE K OR BY THE NAME OF DAVID K.WHEELER, OF MILFORD NEW HAMPSHIRE, EXECUTIVE COUNCILOR FOR DISTRICT 5 FOR THE STATE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE AND OWNER OF MARANATHA CARPETS AND ENVIROMENTAL CONSTRUCTION PRODUCTS. [/u] attempting to discuss this weapon or item, please contact me immediately and report it, so I may take action to deal with this continuing problem"

My last words on this subject are... GOVERN YOURSELF ACCORDINGLY

Sidelock
Sidelock

Here is the thread from this clown Alvin Linden (Jerry Lee)

After he buys this gun he asks how to fix broken screw and who the maker is !

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=288489#Post288489

Then Linden-Jerry Lee makes up this add for Gun Broker-quite a story teller BUYER BEWARE:

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=288489&page=3

BTW: I NEVER interfered with Jerry Lee's auction,just pointed out the auction on here and then,once he was caught he became,as always the rambling belligerent SOB he is showing himself to be ONCE again.

We need to point out bad sellers for the good of the hobby,even if they go off the deep end went CAUGHT like this clown!

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: John Roberts

JR

While not ideal, i have simply accepted shipping costs on a failed deal is the price of the risk in doing long distance buying. Buying through shotgun news (when i was young) and now the internet has taught me that every purchase is a gamble in small part. I go into it eyes open knowing if i cannot accept the loss (costs) don't play

I realize that it is normal to want pure and honest, and pure and prefect performance by all in the transaction, but i am realistic people are human. I use my judgement.

I have paid the shipping on purchased then returned guns and simply accepted it. I have been burned twice in over 30 years of buying, i do not forget who did it, however to stay angry at them means i am in their power, and at this point God Bless them and beyond that i will not do business with them and i care less about them.

As painful and burned as you feel you have been, mark it to experience and move on. Don't forget the guy, but don't let thoughts of him dominate your day.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Dave K #393265 02/08/15 05:18 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Dave K
Here is the thread from this clown [b]Alvin Linden (Jerry Lee).............!

I normally stay out of threads that attack personally, as I do not believe I can possibly know the full facts and prefer not to attack anyone's person without fair standing.

The question of publicly noting those preceived "bad sellers" is a tough one for me. Like everyone else here I read the feedbacks on GB with caution and amusement. I do appreciate knowing if someone has issues of inconsistencies in their listings so i can stay clear of them. That said I appreciate best when individuals lay things out with clarity and avoid name calling.

I can only see what the posters post, the original gun with obvious cracks, and the earlier gun postings and ad that are in opposition of truth. I rather think i would enjoy a beer with the seller, and might buy from him given the correct item, but i would be careful, very careful to over value the sellers write-ups.

There is a seller in Olathe, Kansas whose listings fill-up GB. Though I know him personally (after several transactions) and I like him personally. I have no doubt he is descended from a long line of horse dealers and used car salesmen. He does offer some good stuff and at times some very fair prices.

When you get to the end of a gun deal it is about the gun itself and our preception of it. The gun is a fairly solid thing that if one takes the time to look carefully will get that figured out quickly. The preception is totally different, that is where the seller's talk can build up, confuse, or mislead. I rarely worry the seller story of the gun as it is not a big deal to me. For some i guess it matters too much.

I recently purchased an old sxs on GB, it was by a makker and engraver I sorely wanted. The gun was described as tight on face or words to that effect. As i am deployed and have not seen it my FFL tells me it is not. I still got what I wanted, a project gun. I move on knowing that either deceived me or himself as to what tight was.

Buyer Beware was a valid thought in ancient Rome and will never cease to be valid.

Last edited by old colonel; 02/08/15 05:33 AM.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.