Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

My old chronograph has gone out. When I started researching new ones I came across this one:

http://www.magnetospeed.com/pages/tech-info

I am going to work up some reloads for a new-to-me Parker GH 28 ga. Apparently this one just velcroes to the barrel and then measures the velocity by the disturbance in the magnetic field it generates (I think).

Thanks!

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I would call them and make sure that "adapter" will work with a SxS. They're rather vague, at least what I looked at.

Sidelock
Sidelock

How much for the system? I'll keep what I have for now. With the baffle it works well for my shotgun needs.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Virginian
I would call them and make sure that "adapter" will work with a SxS. They're rather vague, at least what I looked at.

Between images of shotgun & custom applications it sounds as possible fit. whether the basic setup will work on a double gun (SxS, O/U) would seem to depend on if the standard mounting strap is long enough to wrap around both barrels along with the shim. If so, then you would be able to get a valid reading on both barrels without re-positioning the mount.

If not, the custom version could take care of that or have a bench/table/etc mount made.

Looks as if the regular price is $399. There was a pre-release version for half that but they have sold out of that run.

Courtesy of a WOMBAT
* (Waste Of Money Brains And Talent)

YMMV
Sidelock
Sidelock

As a rifle shooter I use a cronograph when I do load development and would not want something attached to the barrel that could affect the accuracy of the load. Shotguns are a different beast and the idea of this new design seems to work.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.