May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (graybeardtmm3, Borderbill, 1 invisible), 685 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,401
Members14,412
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Simon Clode of Westley Richards has made a very nice blog post on Dan Cote, seen recently at the Southern SXS Expo:

http://www.theexplora.com/the-double-gun-journal-daniel-cote-a-rare-sighting/

Definitely the surprise celebrity of the Southern and well deserving of Simon's accolades.

I found it a real pleasure to meet him and wife Joanna for the first time after all these years, and I think other show visitors would say the same. Dan did look a bit overwhelmed by all the attention, though -- but I hope he will be back.

Last edited by Vic Venters; 05/15/15 01:50 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Very nice. Daniel and Joanna are real treasures to us all.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks Vic. An interesting blog to check in on. Nice, concise write ups, great pictures and variety.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes, the Explora blog is one thing I really look forward to reading each day.

Sidelock
Sidelock

"I found it a real pleasure to meet him and wife Joanna for the first time after all these years, and I think other show visitors would say the same. Dan did look a bit overwhelmed by all the attention, though -- but I hope he will be back".

It truly was a privilege to meet Dan and Joanna in the flesh after all those years of telephone visits. I visited with Dan one final time before leaving on Sunday; he said he and Joanna had enjoyed an amazing time at Deep River, and that he had already completed his application with plans to definitely return for the 2016 Southern Side x Side. The 2015 Southern may have been the best ever; and that in spite of the cold rainy weather we had on Saturday and Sunday. In a conversation with Bill Kempffer the following week, Bill told me that they had pulled more than 100K targets during the event, an increase of more than 16% over the 2014 event.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Nice tribute to Dan.

He does keep a low profile in public. Several years ago, I was attending the old UP SxS Classic. At that time, I'd done several articles for DGJ, but had never met Dan. Anyhow, a guy comes running up to me with a copy of DGJ and says "Mr. Brown, will you autograph my copy of the magazine?" To which I replied "Sure!" At which point Dan starts laughing, extends his hand and says, "Hi, I'm Dan Cote." Bought a very nice 16ga Scott from Dan at one of the UP shoots--maybe that same one. Sleeved gun, one of the old crystal cocking indicator models.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks! That's the first time I've seen a recent photo of the elusive Mr. Cote. Also reminded me that I owe them a renewal...

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.