April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
10 members (bushveld, battle, Hugh Lomas, Borderbill, HalfaDouble, Dan R, 1 invisible), 1,012 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,433
Posts544,713
Members14,402
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

I live in NC, what does it take to join?

Mike Proctor
APS Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Check your PM. We have several members in the Raleigh area.

Al

Sidelock
Sidelock

What would that "some type of event" be, Jent? Would it be scheduled to be held at a different time from the events being held at the Fall Southern?

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

What in ell is Jent talking about holding an event "close" to the Fall Southern event? Is he crazy? Oh, we've already established that, but he's a nice guy. Am I reading his post correctly? Is he actually planning an event opposite the Fall Southern to sabatage it?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I hope that Jent's post won't be deleted, because it shows how strange his thoughts are on our side by side shoots. Why would he want to skew the Fall Southern, a great event put on by a great entrepreneur, Rick Hemmingway.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't know Jent, but was hoping I misunderstood his post, and that he was not proposing what it sounds like he was. Vintage Edwardian attire is not my thing, but I certainly have no axe to grind with Jent or the Vintagers, and hope he comes back in here and gives more explanation about what he meant.

SRH

Sidelock
Sidelock

OK......Let's see if pictures help describe something extra that The Vintager's could do to benefit all of our fellow SXS shooters.

This picture above is from the Virginia Vintager Sponsored Shooters Reception at The Flame Steakhouse in 2014. These events always cost more per person then we charge per person to attend. The Virginia Vintagers put up the many hundreds of dollars to "insure" this event to the owners of The Flame. If a hurricane hits The Flame still has to be paid for the food even though no one shows up to eat the food at the reception. We have never been rained out yet, Thank the Good Lord.

This picture above is from the Virginia Vintagers Sponsored Reception at The Flame Steakhouse in 2013. Another great year at The Shooters Reception made possible by The Vintagers. It cost The Virginia Vintagers a few hundred dollars to sponsor this reception but this is the type of activity that allows us to share with other shooters that we only see once a year.

The L C Smith lunch at Carlisle, Pennsylvania in 2011......see the picture above......who is that in the dead center of this picture enjoying a little something extra that the L C Smith club has done to support all shooters.....well that is our very own "eightbore" himself.....I am still looking for that picture of you Bill at our Vintagers Lunch at Pintail Pointe during one of the Vintage Cup Shoots where we fed everyone for free !

So what type of social event could The Vintagers sponsor to benefit all of the shooters at The Fall Southern SXS???

Good Shooting To You All, Jent

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for the explanation, Jent, and the great pictures. My best wishes to the Vintagers in being able to host some type of get together during the Fall Southern. Rick and his staff would be invaluable in helping you locate a venue, I would think.

All my best, Stan

Sidelock
Sidelock

Pictures above are from the free lunch at The Vintage Cup at Pintail Pointe a few years ago.......This lunch was organized by The Virginia Vintagers......This is the type of event that The Vintagers should be sponsoring at all of our large SXS shoots.... This is one way our Vintager clubs can give back to the shooting community.....YES, this lunch was FREE at The Vintage Cup at Pintail Pointe....I will try to find some pictures of the food before eightbore and tenbore got to it......Good Shooting To You All, Jent

APS Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The Carolina Vintagers are listed as an event sponsor. Please see the ad on page 151 of the September/October Shooting Sportsman.

This is what our chapter has done to support this event. AS a whole we need to reach outside the active vintage and classic shooting community- we are a small and aging group- if we are going to grow this and other vintage shoots.

For those of you interested here is the like to the registration and shoot information:www.southernsideybside.com

There will not be any rifle or drillings events this year. There is a pump gun event.

There will be more information from some of the other chapters as well with some of their plans- again this is not a Vintager Event- we just are big fans of this shoot.

al

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.