May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (smlekid), 739 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,527
Posts545,853
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Could be an Irish water spaniel. Similar in appearance to an American, although a lot bigger, lots more leg to them. A big AWS is not much over 40 pounds, little ones as small as 25. A big Irish will go 60+.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave,
Is there a story that goes behind why your Grampa was in his "church clothes" shooting pheasant?

Sidelock
Sidelock

They were all farmers. My great-great-grandfather's field gun was a nicely engraved ca. 1873 12 bore P. Webley underlever double. It is resting upstairs. My grandfather's was a more mundane 20 ga. SxS purchased during the Depression, possibly a Western Field; no idea where it is now.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave, thanks for sharing the great pictures.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jagermeister does not even own a double shotgun. If we can believe him, he only owns one shotgun, an Ithaca model 37 trench gun.

Jagermeister has been very busy in Misfires trying to convince us that he is pro-gun and a real gun guy... but only a fool who forgets his past statements would believe him

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good subject. I am lucky enough to have two Parker 10 ga hammers as well as an Ithica Crass ( sic) 12 ga that were passed to me. They all belonged to my great grandfather as well as my grandfather. They both were hard working solid American farmers who knew the value of a good gun. They plowed , sometimes by horse, corn and wheat fields. They owned 100 plus acres which they sweated blood and tears to buy. They treated these guns as tools for getting game which they harvested for their family. They also maintained these guns and taught my father how to take care of guns. I am 65 years old and I consider myself most fortunate. I did not know my great grandfather but I have one of his guns, so I guess I do know him.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Parker10guage
Good subject. I am lucky enough to have two Parker 10 ga hammers as well as an Ithica Crass ( sic) 12 ga that were passed to me. They all belonged to my great grandfather as well as my grandfather. They both were hard working solid American farmers who knew the value of a good gun. They plowed , sometimes by horse, corn and wheat fields. They owned 100 plus acres which they sweated blood and tears to buy. They treated these guns as tools for getting game which they harvested for their family. They also maintained these guns and taught my father how to take care of guns. I am 65 years old and I consider myself most fortunate. I did not know my great grandfather but I have one of his guns, so I guess I do know him.
Ithaca, not Ithica I believe. All fine guns, and from an era when men were strong enough to handle a 10 gauge- thanks to hard work and home cooked meals w/o preservatives--

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Both my grandfather and uncle, both farmers, shot Sxs's. The first gun my dad bought me was a SxS and I still have it along with a number of ones I bought.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I grew up in an Eastern Shore village of subsistence fishermen who only owned doubles and never saw a pump until after the Second World War. Most owned just another belgian shotgun. The exceptions were a cousin and uncle, both inshore fishermen, who owned a Tobin and Parker DH respectively. The guns are still going, the Parker damascus-barreled.

Sidelock
Sidelock

King, one of the guys you admire, ex Chief Justice Earl Warren, would not have liked any of those guns. In 1990, he said that we did not have an individual right to own guns. Remember when you said this to refute the Heller decision of 2008?

Originally Posted By: King Brown
The Court departed from the original understanding of the Second. The NRA and other groups rejected the original interpretation. Even as late as 1991, the jurist Burger appointed by Nixon said "the Second Amendment has been the subject of one of the greatest pieces of fraud, I repeat the word 'fraud,' on the American public by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime." In 2008, in the District of Columbia v. Heller, what Burger said was fraud was accepted by the court. Interesting stuff.

Are you and Jagermeister trying to re-invent yourselves? Your anti-gun Genie is out of the bottle, and now you are trying to put it back? Why?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.