April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ted Schefelbein), 1,067 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,124
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
PFD Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

During a quail hunt yesterday here in AZ, I had the misfortune to see my hunting partner take a header while coming downhill to find a downed bird (of mine!), landing his older 16 gauge Browning Citori hard in the rocks. Result: large fracture at the wrist; buttstock and forearm badly gouged. He says it is a long tang Type III; means nothing to me as I am a SXS man.
16 ga stock sets for Citoris seem thin on the ground. Questions: 1) Will a 12 gauge set fit? I'm thinking it can't be a dedicated 16 gauge size frame??? 2) Anybody have a used 16 ga Citori stock set to sell? PM me if so and I'll get you in touch. Thanks

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

First call Browning with the serial#. If they have the wood, which they very well may, they will be your best bet.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

SKB
Hit it on the head, if the call is unproductive find a good restocker. I had a good friend that pretty much restocked just about every gun he owned. AYAs to H&H from taking a spill in the woods and breaking the stocks.
His last gun he had restocked was a AYA 53E in 20 gauge, the stock came out very nice and if you did not know he replaced it you would have never of guessed it. I know it ran $ 1,500.00 about 12 years ago.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have 3 BSS and all had stocks with PG's and Bt's. At my request, Browning sent me replacement stocks with upgraded wood and configured straight and semi- Bt.

Hopefully, you can get a nice replacement stock from Browning.

Jim
Sidelock
Sidelock

If the frame is the same as a 12 I have one you can afford and it is all but new.

bill

GF1 Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have one of these guns, and the frame is a unique 16 gauge frame. Neither the 20 nor 12 will fit. Good advice starting w/ Browning first. If no luck there, these are worth a custom stock.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.