Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#430168 12/24/15 06:03 PM
Rockdoc Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ive been visiting this site for years, Ive learned a lot here and tried to help when Ive been able. I want to wish every last one of you on this wonderful site a Merry Christmas and a joyous and prosperous New Year. God bless you all!

Steve

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey Steve, how is your life on the road going?..are you having fun n meeting good folk?...do you get lonely sometimes?
You should put up a How it Been post...I for one would love to read it..I hope you are having the time of your life man
cheers
Franc

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank You Steve for your Blessing.

And May God Bless you also. smile

Sidelock
Sidelock

Blessings to you as well Steve and Merrt Christmas.

Bill Johnson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Merry Christmas Steve. And everyone else here. I second Franc's request of you Steve. I would be fascinated to read how life in the road has gone.

James

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Rockdoc Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hi Franc,
Per yours and canvasbacks request here's my 2015 newsletter.

Hi and Merry Christmas all yall!

Approach life like you would a yellow light Run it! Gail Thornhill

2015 was an interesting year, not much travel and the little bit I did early on was somewhat stressful. Near the end of 2014, and my Grand Western North America Tour & Shakedown Journey, my home-on-wheels had developed an engine noise, laboratory motor oil testing revealed failing engine bearings. With no place to work on my RV I put heavy duty 50 weight oil in the engine and left Houston and traveled 160 white-knuckle miles to San Marcos TX where I spent five weeks in May/June at my friend Bobs place replacing the failing engine as well as other repairs. My RV repairs shouldve taken much less time but it rained nearly every day during that time period. I was fortunate to have two friends Mike and Michael help me do the actual engine removal/reinstall. Thank you Lord for my friends!

RV repairs and upgrades took my entire travel budget so I hunkered down in the relentless Texas heat. Thankfully, Mike contacted me saying he was driving up to Lewiston NY (near Niagara Falls) to fix up his boyhood home and would I like to help. What? Leave Texas mid-summer? HELL YES! What followed was five weeks demolishing, rebuilding, UST remediating, painting and various other tasks and the best part it was in a beautiful area and not crushingly hot.

After Lewiston I spent two months back in San Marcos putting the final travel touches on my RV before I left for my winter home in Sierra Vista AZ. The 875 mile trip to Sierra Vista was also a shakedown journey for my new engine, exhaust header system, and various suspension repairs/upgrades Id done. Im very pleased to report that, with the exception of some shakedown issues during the first 100 miles, the remaining 775 miles passed uneventfully. Between the new engine and my suspension upgrades the biggest problem I had was keeping my RV at 70mph or less. Those fresh ponies pouring from my engine just wanted to run and run! I kept looking down at the speedometer only to find I was pushing 75mph and a few times 80mph! With rebuilt sway bars and suspension airbags added to the rear springs my RV drove rock-solid, even with heavy cross winds.

So here I am back in Arizona, land of sunny days, starry starry nights, and groaty old hippies. I love the brisk sunny winter days here, the fact is I like the northern cold and snow. Its the dark dreary northern winters and resulting SAD that drives me to Arizona for the winter. They call most people like me snowbirds, apparently Im a sunbird! In fact Ive renamed my RV Sunchaser.

Tomorrow Ill be off to LA in my Dodge Caravan to spend Christmas in Marina Del Rey with my daughter. Itll be a wonderful joyous Christmas! I pray all my friends around this beautiful country are having wonderful joyous Christmases of their own!

Steve and Gail (in spirit)

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Steve: after you get back to Paradise and have your 2016 AZ license let me know and we'll meet up north of Sonoita and do some reconnoiterin' near Greaterville. My wife has made me promise not to hunt alone where there in no cell service, although I think she's more concerned about the dog!
I will of course abandon YOUR big carcass for the coyotes smile Please leave the RV keys where I can find them.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Merry Christmas from Amarillo !

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

Merry Christmas, Steve!

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.