March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (SKB, smlekid), 295 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,977
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Sidelock
Sidelock

Don't know my number, but I've been on here for quite a while, I was on the earlier board too
I miss Der Klunkmeister and Dr Gaddy

Mikey

Sidelock
Sidelock

My number is f'd up but have been on since 2003.

W. E. Boyd
Sidelock
Sidelock

mike-

i also miss der klunk more than i cal say. he and i have emailed a ton and i was fortunate enough to visit his basement...and of course my jaw is still on the floor. anyone who has been there knows what i am talking about.

and actually, one of the guns i won't sell until dead last is from russ. mostly because i first saw it in his basement while visiting with him.

on the first night i logged on here in march '97 i noticed that some guy named "russ" could answer questions about so many different kinds of guns and no matter what the question. plus i am a mechanical engineer and we share a lot of things in common.

never had the pleasure of meeting dr. g. he always told me to call him "oscar", but i guess it was because i went back to grad school to get my masters in mechanical engineering. he helped e with many, many questions that i had. it wan when i was getting started making custom guns i needed"hands-on" help. plus he answered every singly question i had, many of which were purely academic, but they mattered to my young brain in grad school.

this board has helped me become friends with so many people with whom i have broken bread, uncorked bottles, worked shoulder to shoulder with them in their shops, and slept in their guest bedrooms.

i should just stop here, as i could rattle on forever. just thinking about the past 19 years on this board has brought back so many happy memories. than you very much for getting the post rolling.

skunk out
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm still here. Number is under 100.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've been here quite a while. I have a vague memory of having to re-register in about 2002 due to an invasion of trolls. Or something like that.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have been here for some time, just can not remember how long..
David

Sidelock
Sidelock

#81 when we all had to re-register on Jan.1, 2002 but here several years before that.

Oscar, Bill, Russ, Michael, Mark, Joe Harz (J.D.)...

I'm beginning to realize how my 88 year old mom feels, old friends gone.

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

Less than 200 on the second go round.. Was on for quite awhile before then. Remember all the old timers and was glad I made the effort to visit Bill Wise and his lovely wife, Rosalee. He had just finished "The Indian Giver". He printed out a copy and signed it for me.(He insisted that I leave the room when he signed it. I am sure he did not want me to witness the contortions he must have gone through to sign it with the pen held in his mouth) Still regret not buying a duck or goose call made by the Russian from Mastadon teeth . Geno perhaps? Got lots of good times here and I learned how little I know about doubles. Bought a well worn but sound leg of mutton case from Vic. One poster who I will not name, GAVE me a 20ga LC Smith (in great mechanical shape but pitted from rust due to storage in a wet case) It was given and delivered free of charge for the express purpose of cutting barrel and stock for my young at the time daughter. I did, but have regretted it. Never before or since have I received such a thoughtful gift from a total stranger. I could go on, but have enjoyed this site for many years and am grateful! Thanks Dave!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: KY Jon
I have had to register several times over the years. Computers crashed, pass words stopped working or system changed. #357 was my number when I registered after the system change. Don't know what number I had before that. I viewed only for months before I posted. I missed the great 16 ga. Flaming war of the first year. If you were on back then you might remember what I am talking about. We had misfires before we had miss fires. Pete Hyatt might remember them. He was another very early poster. Perhaps back to about a 1,000 post or earlier.

And we have lost a lot of great posters but we have also gained many excellent posters. So perhaps we should recognize the new as we remember those no longer here. And some of those not here are still alive they have chosen not to post for a variety of reasons.

I am almost afraid to ask, but what was the great 16 ga war?

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, I am far from an early member, #15231 joined in October 2009 after CJO suggested I might enjoy the site. That's an understatement. I have learned so much so here's a thank you to all who contribute.

Just as an aside, I happened to notice, because he was right beside me on the listing I was looking at, that skeettx joined in the spring of 2008, the year before me. His number is 9391. Around 5000 before me! Given that the total membership (by member number) is currently at 23,900, seems a lot of people were signing up that year.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.