Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Microsoft Windows 8.1 is an operating system. Skeetx wanted to know what you are using for a web browser. Here's a comparison of web browsers.

http://tiptopsecurity.com/safest-web-browser-chrome-firefox-ie-opera-safari-comparison-chart/

I've been having a lot of problems with Gunbroker that began shortly before their recent changes. I'm certain it has a lot to do with their advertising content, and their support staff hasn't been very helpful. It got better after the recent changes, but not much. The search page takes longer to load than almost any other website I visit. It usually initiates the plugin-container.exe process in Task Manager as an add-on for Firefox, which I use as a web browser. Plugin-container.exe running in conjunction with Firefox is a resource hog that often slows things down until I manually go to task manager and end it, sometimes multiple times. I had it disabled for a while and will probably do it again. But I got a couple bad viruses when I used Internet Explorer. And I learned that even very good anti-virus software won't always be enough and won't always detect every threat.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not a good time to be selling on Gunbroker!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not a good time to be shopping there either.

I just had an attack on my Mac by visiting Gunbroker!

Word to the wise - avoid that place until they get their house in order.

Last edited by 1cdog; 03/07/16 07:19 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I run Chrome and AdBlock and have had zero issues on GunBroker. On some other sites, mostly links off Facebook, Norton blocks the links and I get a warning pop up window.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
Microsoft Windows 8.1 is an operating system. Skeetx wanted to know what you are using for a web browser. Here's a comparison of web browsers.

http://tiptopsecurity.com/safest-web-browser-chrome-firefox-ie-opera-safari-comparison-chart/

I've been having a lot of problems with Gunbroker that began shortly before their recent changes. I'm certain it has a lot to do with their advertising content, and their support staff hasn't been very helpful. It got better after the recent changes, but not much. The search page takes longer to load than almost any other website I visit. It usually initiates the plugin-container.exe process in Task Manager as an add-on for Firefox, which I use as a web browser. Plugin-container.exe running in conjunction with Firefox is a resource hog that often slows things down until I manually go to task manager and end it, sometimes multiple times. I had it disabled for a while and will probably do it again. But I got a couple bad viruses when I used Internet Explorer. And I learned that even very good anti-virus software won't always be enough and won't always detect every threat.

Oh, confused I guess I don't really know the difference. Yahoo is my 'Home' page and I guess it would be Microsoft Internet Explorer?

Sidelock
Sidelock

your problems may not be related to gunbroker...chrome browser, avast anti virus and ad blocker works for me when surfing the web...

Last edited by ed good; 03/07/16 10:18 AM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

I wonder if/how it effects the mobile app.

-Leverhead
Sidelock
Sidelock

I was on a team under a guy who had his PhD in computer engineering and what he could do to a computer amazed the heck out of me. Pretty scary if in the wrong hands.

James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I got on Gunbroker using Chrome instead of the usual Internet Explorer but without logging into the site. I was on there for less than 5 minutes before some software wanted me to do a download. I exited post quick so I expect they're still having problems.
Jim

Last edited by James M; 03/07/16 07:16 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Has anyone tried to contact the folks at Gunbroker?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.