Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nice topic/photos.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Lloyd3
Great idea Steve! Hoof: I've been to the Flight 93 memorial, is this gameland nearby?

It is directly across the highway from the entrance to the memorial.
CHAZ

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hoof: Thank you. Weird question, I know, but whenever I'm near the site of a recent disaster I swear that I can almost feel the trauma of the event. I felt it at the Murrah Building site in Oklahoma City and again at the Flight 93 Memorial a few years ago. I would think that any historic battlefield would "feel" much the same way to me (I'm sure it's mostly me thinking about all of the lives lost and not anything else). Was hunting here any different for you?

Last edited by Lloyd3; 05/18/16 10:25 PM.
SKB Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Tom,
I had a feeling you might be moving. I''l be at the Denver show this weekend if you make it down.

Jim,
Annie looks like a real sweetheart.

Hoof, great pics of your dog and especially your boy.

KY John, you could not be more right about the dogs. Lucy is my first dogs grand daughter and I have another puppy on order, great grand daughter of course. I hope to pick up the new pup this summer.

Some more pics, scans this time.

My Pops with both dogs in MT about 2002

Southern KS around liberal, 2002 or so. Shooting a Lincoln Jefferies boxlock that I miss ....

Briar and I somewhere in KS on a cold January day. We both look pretty happy.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Lloyd3
Hoof: Thank you. Weird question, I know, but whenever I'm near the site of a recent disaster I swear that I can almost feel the trauma of the event. I felt it at the Murrah Building site in Oklahoma City and again at the Flight 93 Memorial a few years ago. I would think that any historic battlefield would "feel" much the same way to me (I'm sure it mostly me thinking about all of the lives lost and not anything else). Was hunting here any different for you?

Shooting and watching the birds come down and hit felt wrong somehow. Almost like you shouldn't enjoy it.
CHAZ

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank you for this thread Steve. What is the project you are working on for yourself ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I went to the Flight 93 Memorial a few years ago. It brought back memories of the Twin Towers. I walked past them less than two weeks after the attack and still remember the sight and the smells. To me the President should have had 10,000 people from every state to walk by the site to be lifetime witnesses so they can tell others what terrorist can do to us when we are lax. We did not and now have almost forgotten a very important lesson. Never forget, never forget.

I love those pictures of your dogs. They become like family to us when we see them grow and learn like kids. I bird hunt to watch the dogs like many others here. Have dog will hunt.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SKB

Southern KS around liberal, 2002 or so. Shooting a Lincoln Jefferies boxlock that I miss ....

Great pics, Steve. Thanks for a thread that gets back to our roots. I particularly like the backdrop in the above pic. It's off topic I know, but that old truck is the makings for a fine rat rod. I'm looking for something like that, for just that purpose, but high scrap iron prices a few years ago rid our countryside of junkers.

Keep the pics coming guys, maybe we can make it 'til next bird seasons.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan: I particularly liked that photograph as well. Of late I've been investigating a Model A pickup as a "new" hunting vehicle. Not sure exactly where or how I'd use it just yet.

Pretty much how I used the last one. That's a circa 1894 Thomas Bland 20 Damascus and a spruce grouse.

Last edited by Lloyd3; 05/18/16 11:46 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gentlemen, I give you from an earlier age "Slut" the pointer pig, a somewhat grainy pic (!) from 1805.
Quote:
William Barker Daniel’s "Rural Sports" tells us that she was called Slut ‘in consequence of soiling herself in a Bog.’ She lived wild but her ‘owner’ taught her to act like a pointer dog and she accompanied him on his hunting expeditions and would point and retrieve as well as a dog. Slut was slaughtered when she was ten years old, which Daniel said was ‘animal murder’.
Not sure about the gun, but I bet that was a fun day out .....

Eug

Last edited by eugene molloy; 05/19/16 04:31 AM.

Thank you, very kind. Mine's a pint
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.