May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (DSchrank, SKB, earlyriser, skeettx, Stanton Hillis), 1,131 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,513
Posts545,667
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17
Sidelock
Sidelock

Up until the 9-11 terrorist attacks, the worst mass murder in U.S. history was at another night club called the Happy Land Dance Club.

87 young people were killed there in 1990 when an enraged patron named Julio Gonzalez was thrown out by a bouncer. He went to a gas station and bought his murder weapon... a plastic container with $1.00 worth of gasoline that he had purchased from a nearby Amoco station.

He returned and tossed the gasoline onto the only staircase leading into the night club, and lit it on fire.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/25th-anniversary-of-happy-land-nightclub-fire-that-killed-87/

The worst school massacre in U.S history didn't involve guns either. The Bath School disaster was a series of violent attacks perpetrated by Andrew Kehoe on May 18, 1927, in Bath Township, Michigan, that killed 38 elementary schoolchildren and 6 adults and injured at least 58 other people. His weapon of choice was dynamite.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2015/05/18/bath-school-disaster-michigan/27521127/

We should not succumb to the insane ideas of people like Obama, King Brown, or Jagermeister who think we should give up our Constitutional Rights and freedom. Cain did not need a gun to kill Abel. Hannibal's much smaller army killed over 70,000 Roman soldiers in a single day without assault weapons in 216 B.C., long before guns were invented.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

King, refer. your quote," Abandoning Jesus's teaching ..
All of the disciples were carrying the "Glock" of the day; the Roman short sword......Including the guy that lopped off the soldier's ear........ Grant.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks. I didn't know that. I imagined them in flowing robes.

Sidelock
Sidelock

canvasback,
I don't think the shooter padlocked the exits, himself. The fact that they were padlocked, is likely one of the factors he used to choose the club, together with being a "gun free zone", without adequate security. Many venues such as this padlock the exits to prevent people sneaking in. It is true that the code required "Panic Hardware" prevents opening the doors from outside, but law requires they not be locked from inside. This means one person could pay the cover charge or ticket fee and let all his friends in. To prevent this management often just padlocks the doors, rather than hiring enough security to stop "gate crashers".
Mike

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Mike, I think you are probably right. I was just passing along what I had been reading. Remarkable to me how high the casualty count was. Over 100 shot. That's a lot of people to shoot. Fish in a barrel.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
The acknowledged greatest is captain of the Pittsburg Penguins, Sidney Crosby of Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia, with whom two of my grandsons played street hockey.

I don't know Gordie or Sidney's influence in naming newborns. I do know Nova Scotia is sprucing things up for Sidney's homecoming with the Stanley Cup.

There may be a lesson here: the 15 Penguin-Canadians outnumbering only by one Penguin-Americans by teamwork bring home the bacon for all of us!

And that's no lie.

It was a great parade through Pittsburgh also, nearly a half a million people lined the streets. No trouble, no arrests, no nothing, except Crosby and Fleury among others got out of their parade vehicles to sign autographs and snap some pictures with the fans and hold some small children so their parents could take a picture. What a frickin parade!!!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Warms my heart---and thanks for your report. From all accounts he's a great guy on a great team.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sidney Crosby is a great player, no doubt. But, the "acknowledged greatest"? That would be Gretzky. And it's not even close.

Nothing the government gives you is free.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I was only able to coax 88 rounds out of my AR in about in a minute...self timed so it likely wasn't too accurate.

Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.