April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Karl Graebner, David Williamson, Sun Dog, Marks_21, 2 invisible), 492 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,465
Posts545,068
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#447388 06/16/16 08:53 PM
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

have had good experiences with the fine ithaca made guns...

how about you?

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

The 12 gauge you're listing on Gunbroker hasn't been touched or should I say torched so that's good.

You're learning Ed, we may have had to beat it into you, but you're learning. Its progress anyway.

Sidelock
Sidelock

They are a farm implements for cheapskates. They are usually clapped out and worn beyond safe use by the time the end up on gunbroker where they are usually offered by chiselers and crooks.

Out there doing it best I can.
Boxlock
Boxlock

While the Nitro Special is not fancy, it is a good tool for its intended use. While I have one that is worn out, the other, while the other has good honest use and is still serviceable

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ahn: when you say worn out, what specifically is wrong with the gun that cant be fixed?

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ClapperZapper
They are a farm implements for cheapskates. They are usually clapped out and worn beyond safe use by the time the end up on gunbroker where they are usually offered by chiselers and crooks.

Jesus, thats a little harsh, isn't it? Yes, there are worn out examples and yes there are like new examples, too-I've got one of the later. In any event, a worn out Nitro isn't the fault of the gun. They go boom, even a lot of them that haven't been well cared for.

That comment is like blaming a hapless Fox or Parker for ending up with ed and getting burned with a propane torch.

Ain't the gun's fault ed is a doofus.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a $75 12ga that has no finish, the butt stock is missing some serious wood and has repairs & a butt plate done with red micarta & hardware screws.
Nice F&M bores. Shoots great, needs love and the cocking rods lengthened so the firing pins don't hang up. Good project,,I'll get to it but i'm having fun shooting it now 'as-is'.

Also a 20ga A-Grade, SNS trigger, eject, 26" Sk&Sk, BTFE. Not much if any finish left but a nice solid gun. Becoming a favorite.
I had an A-Grade 12ga w/a SNS trig and extr that I restocked and upgraded. Sold that one a couple years ago. Nice shooter also.

Nothing wrong with the guns. They bust birds just as well as any other and don't have much go wrong with them.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a late 12 with the rounded side panels with 100% case color so not all Nitros are worn out beaters. They are solid guns which can take a lot of abuse and still work for years. Fit and finish is not that refined but for what they were designed to be, a low price point gun, they are a solid design which needs few repairs.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Propane torch? Teddy, you may know something about good shotguns, but you don't know your basic welding parameters. Only the oxygen-acetylene process will allow those idiots like Ed Good to FUBAR the receivers and or lock plates to be re-colored, as well as warped and otherwise FUBARed for all time. Propane won't FUBAR them as well as Oxy-Acetylene does- as Ed knows only too well.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

I never have had a reason to heat anything up on a gun. I'm guessing that is a good thing.

I still have my Nitro, too. That isn't a bad thing, either.

Best,
Ted

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.