April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Hammergun, Ian Forrester, AGS, Pwog, Wild Skies, Drew Hause), 771 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,817
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave, what's all this fretting about Clinton? Everyone here knows it makes no difference who gets in: "the Second is an inalienable right." It can't be changed, it's there forever and a day. Keep cool!

LGF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

California has just banned even possession of mags capable of holding more than 10 rounds, and sale of rifles and pistols with detachable magazines. In other words, all semi-auto pistols. You will now need a background check, for fifty bucks, just to buy ammunition.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Your main problem during a collapse of our society would probably be gangs of people looking to take your food, meds and anything else they deemed necessary to their survival.You want to engage at a distance so the rifle would be the first choice and a semi-auto with high capacity mags would be ideal.Defending yourself at home you might want the shotgun or semi-auto pistol. Anyone serious about self defense is not going to use a lever gun unless that is all you have. You will be avoiding contact with any military or leo personnel at all costs.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just look at the two posts prior to this for understanding the reality of the situation:

First we have the resident anti-2nd Amendment Troll posting more of his dishonest LULLING:

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Dave, what's all this fretting about Clinton? Everyone here knows it makes no difference who gets in: "the Second is an inalienable right." It can't be changed, it's there forever and a day. Keep cool!

Then we have the reality of what happens whenever Liberal Left anti-gun Democrats take the reins of power:

Originally Posted By: LGF
California has just banned even possession of mags capable of holding more than 10 rounds, and sale of rifles and pistols with detachable magazines. In other words, all semi-auto pistols. You will now need a background check, for fifty bucks, just to buy ammunition.

As Dave K. says, AR's and AK's and ammo for same won't be getting any cheaper as the election gets closer. Prices have stabilized since the mad rush when Obama tried to ban them in 2013, but we all know what anti-gun Hillary is promising to do.

In his 7919 posts here, has King Brown ever offered any useful double gun information, or has it all been anti-gun crap and bloviating about his imaginary friends like JFK and Martin Luther King?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

If you are undecided/confused about which weapons system(s) you should have for optimal performance in a self defense scenario look at what our Special Operations soldiers and sailors are using. SOF is not constrained by the usual Government Procurement BS and are adequately funded to get what they need when they need it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
This is craziness. Buy the sxs. Go to the movies if you want to experience dystopia, apocalypse, or zombies because it won't happen in real life...Geo

+1. Good post, George. I'm surprised that people who lived through the 60's think that things are more likely to fall apart now. Cities were burning back then. Huge anti-war demonstrations, with a relative handful of antiwar radicals turning violent. A huge civil rights movement, with a similarly small but violent radical fringe. Most people quickly decided that making love was preferable to making war.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Corollary to Murphy's Law. Anything bad you prepare for will not happen. Everything bad that does happen will catch you unprepared so stay on the balls of your feet...Geo

dal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hurry keith, build a bunker and hunker down! The great U.S.A is about to end!

Maybe one of those snub nosed thing'a ma jigs will protect you from your oppressive government, or roaming bands of culture changing immigrants!

Your like a 50's era cliche'

D.

Life is too short to have a 'hate on' for so many things or people. Isn't it?
Sidelock
Sidelock

Years ago a fellow from Argentina wrote what he did after the Argentinian economy tanked and the country fell into chaos. His views as far as guns went:

Shotguns are great for protecting your household. Every household should have at least one.

High-powered rifles, because of their ability to shoot through things such as cars and walls, are good if your dwelling is under attack. For instance, your attacker shoots at you from behind his car, you shoot back at him through his car. Every household should have at least one.

Handguns were only useful to carry with you at times such as a trip to the store where your long gun would cause a disturbance. Emergency weapons to hopefully keep you alive until you can get to your long gun. Every person in a household should have at least one.

He’d basically turned his living space into a fortress and suggested things such as answering the front door by calling down from an upstairs window when someone knocked on the front door. He came up with that one after a neighbor lady was assaulted and raped when she answered her front door thinking the nice man in the uniform was a city utility worker.

FWIW I agree with the earlier posters views on AK 47’s. Give me something that reliably fires whenever I pull the trigger, mud, sand, dirt and water be damned.

Steve

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: PALUNC
With the current political situation should I do something I have not wanted to do, and put off doing in buying me a AR 15 or maybe two along with some 30 round mags?
It means putting off the purchase of a Garbi 28 gauge along with a 410 to accomplish this.
I have said for a long time that I need to purchase one or more but I really don't think I will be using it that much. So I stayed on course buying and builing my collections in the side by sides.
The last thing I want is to wake up one day and this country be in absolute melt down and have no way to protect my family.

An Armas Garbi in 28 gauge, how can you resist. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

And we want some pictures too!!! smile

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.