May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (Lloyd3, Jtplumb), 268 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,493
Posts545,327
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 35 of 49 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 48 49
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks again to Greg for this great thread, and hopefully a few pics of the work of He Who paints without a brush will fall within the parameters of Greg's intent.

Christmas out at Postoak's property: leftovers, a couple French doubles, a metal and plastic Italian number in case the cranes showed up, and the Made in USA AR for pigs and yotes. Friday evening I could tell it had the possibility to be a great sunset. But a yote was barking and howling inside the 200 yd target at the shooting range. So I grabbed the AR out of the truck and headed to the range. He continued to call, but didn't show himself. What was calling, showing itself more stunning every second, was a spectacular sunset. The photographer in me was screaming for the camera (in the truck), and won out over the hunter itching for a pelt for the boy. Ran to the truck and started shooting- one of those that unfolds and crescendos in a cascade of color. I have not had a rolling event (how I like to describe them) that afforded so many facets of focus like this since 15 months ago in Westport, Ireland. I'll put my favorite first, interspersed with some other things this weekend, and close with my favorite in Ireland last year.

Not in sequence, but here are a few focal points of my encounter:

Cocoa and our Christmas quail, shot with cylinder, 3/4 oz reload from my near hundred year old Ideal No.5:

Installed and enjoyed a wood stove:

Put the feeder up where hopefully it is out of reach of the pigs, at least the ones that don't fly:

Sunrise today:

Mike

Tolerance: the abolition of absolutes

Consistency is the currency of credibility
Sidelock
Sidelock

Heading home today I had just got up to speed on the highway leaving Seymour when a covey of bobs got up from the bar ditch on my right. I was focused on the white face of the male that passed in front of me when one slammed into the windshield. Ouch. That left a mark, and part of him/her on the windshield. Fortunately I had not already limited out:

And my favorite sunset shot from Ireland last year:

Best wishes for a great New Year to all.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Absolutely beautiful pics, Mike. Thank you very much.

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 12/27/16 08:21 AM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Chevy pickup at 55 mph is deer caliber firepower. Way over gunned for quail. laugh

gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: CitoriFeather16
Greg, congratulations on a season ending hunt with your son! Always enjoy your pics and drool over your beautiful guns!

Stay warm and winter well!

Matt

Thanks Matt for the very kind words! They really are appreciated! I sure hope that next season will be as good as this one. But, looks like we're in for a long hard winter, we got hit again with a major blizzrd yesterday (about 14" of snow and lots of wind and drifting). Does not bode well for the birds. Hope they will survive as best they can and we have a good nesting season.

Thanks gain!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

Great pictures Mike, thanks

"It's a good day for something"
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: wingshooter16
Thanks again to Greg for this great thread, and hopefully a few pics of the work of He Who paints without a brush will fall within the parameters of Greg's intent.

Christmas out at Postoak's property: leftovers, a couple French doubles, a metal and plastic Italian number in case the cranes showed up, and the Made in USA AR for pigs and yotes. Friday evening I could tell it had the possibility to be a great sunset. But a yote was barking and howling inside the 200 yd target at the shooting range. So I grabbed the AR out of the truck and headed to the range. He continued to call, but didn't show himself. What was calling, showing itself more stunning every second, was a spectacular sunset. The photographer in me was screaming for the camera (in the truck), and won out over the hunter itching for a pelt for the boy. Ran to the truck and started shooting- one of those that unfolds and crescendos in a cascade of color. I have not had a rolling event (how I like to describe them) that afforded so many facets of focus like this since 15 months ago in Westport, Ireland. I'll put my favorite first, interspersed with some other things this weekend, and close with my favorite in Ireland last year.

Not in sequence, but here are a few focal points of my encounter:

Cocoa and our Christmas quail, shot with cylinder, 3/4 oz reload from my near hundred year old Ideal No.5:

Installed and enjoyed a wood stove:

Put the feeder up where hopefully it is out of reach of the pigs, at least the ones that don't fly:

Sunrise today:

Mike

Thanks, Mike that is beautiful. The sunsets and the clear nights make west Texas a great place to be.

I grew up in Venezuela. We were a few degrees north of the equator. Sunsets are normally beautiful at that latitude but twilight is brief. WE started having the most incredible sunsets. Years later I would learn that the cause of those marvelous sunsets was the matter blown into the air by the hydrogen bomb tests that were going on at our latitude on the other side of the world.

Sidelock
Sidelock

We have finally started to see some wetter and cooler weather in last few weeks and I have been able to enjoy a couple good hunts at our place. Mostly, I've using my Dickinson Plantation grade .410-bore. I sure like that little gun!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I only saw four in the road picture Adam. You guys must have found another three more around the bend?...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
I only saw four in the road picture Adam. You guys must have found another three more around the bend?...Geo
Now, I don't care who ya are- that's funny.

Page 35 of 49 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 48 49

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.