April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 407 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,800
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

"Honey, why didn't you pack any underwear for my hunting trip?"
"I did. I put them in your ammo box."

As a more serious reply:
Cussing? Yes.
Drinking? Yes. (End of the day of course.)
Cards? Yes.
Gluttony? Yes.
Raw jokes? Yes.
Womanizing? Never.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree with clapperzapper. I have been in numerous grouse deer and pheasant hunting camps and have never noticed fellow hunters engaged in adulterous behavior. However most of my hunting companions are fine Christian men and not prone to such predilections.

Owen
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Cameron
Anyone serious about hunting, would be too tired in the evening to do anything but sleep after the meal, a few drinks and a couple of rounds of cards, unless they're in their 20's!

I agree there. You're just too damn tired to do anything else but hunt and clean the damn gun.

I'll have to add though while in the Czech Republic many waitresses were from Russia and holy smokes were they stunningly beautiful.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not in places I have been with my hunting buddies. Well, not in the US or Canada anyhow. Mexico and South America, yes but they seem to have a different culture...Geo

Old Chinese proverb; "A man away from home has no neighbors"

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: treblig1958
Originally Posted By: Cameron
Anyone serious about hunting, would be too tired in the evening to do anything but sleep after the meal, a few drinks and a couple of rounds of cards, unless they're in their 20's!

I agree there. You're just too damn tired to do anything else but hunt and clean the damn gun.

I'll have to add though while in the Czech Republic many waitresses were from Russia and holy smokes were they stunning beautiful.

After a long time of not being single, I am now. So if I'm ever hunting in the Czech Republic (or elsewhere) I'll keep my eyes open. But the wallet will stay shut. grin

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

I went on a dove shooting trip to Argentina in 2014. After the first day of shooting, one of the guys in another party that was staying at the same lodge did not come to breakfast. His wife said that he had over indulged the night before and wouldn't be able to shoot that day. I was stunned. You go all the way to Argentina to shoot birds and you miss an entire day of shooting because you're hung over!

Nothing the government gives you is free.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I recall being in Argentina with a group several years ago; after dinner out, in BA, several of us were walking back to our hotel and stopped in a pub for an after dinner drink. A couple of hookers tried to pick us up. Only one guy seemed to be interested; the rest of us regarded him as a total "jerk" and left him there. He was regarded and treated as a "jerk" for the remainder of the trip.

Rob

NRA Benefactor Member
Sidelock
Sidelock

Agreed, I have never seen infidelity in the hunting camp.

At one lodge I go to, the operators say that in 30+ years of operating the lodge, they only know of 1 hunting party, once, that so much as went to a nearby (45 minutes away) strip club.

After a hard day of hunting, and paying the fees to stay at a lodge with meals, the only thing most want to do is have a few drinks, finish a big meal, perhaps clean their guns, and then turn in at night so they can wake up early the next morning.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Shhh ! Our wives may be reading this ! smile

Rust never sleeps !
Sidelock
Sidelock

Is this a pro hunting magazine? I think the culture in the US might have a fun cartoon illustration of a fisherman swinging by the market to buy a couple of fish on the way home. Would the Russian culture find the topic to be of general interest for readers of a decent hunting periodical?

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.