April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (HMAK, fallschirmjaeger), 339 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,458
Posts544,977
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
tut Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: James M
I forget to mention one thing above the frame is a size 7.
Jim

I'm guessing you mean frame size is 2??

foxes rule
Sidelock
Sidelock

It would be a 2. Likely a worn 2 stamp. 7 feames werw only used on 8g hammer guns.

The forend sure looks original. What makes you thinknit is not??? Especially if it has the drawbolt and 1pc forend loop. And the buttstock is original. Just heavily altered. The safety being filled in, if engraved over, is factory. The gun was ordered without a safety. Common feature for a target gun.

The metal condition is great and it is a vent rib ejector gun. It is WELL worth the $3k even with the stock issues. Considering that is it did not have the issues, it would be a $7- 9k gun.

What is the delemma here?

Last edited by B. Dudley; 10/09/16 08:26 AM.

B.Dudley
Sidelock
Sidelock

If it fits you as is 3000 is probably not to much, leaving the gun as is. Real question is are you are looking for that configuration can you shoot it and don't mind ugly.

3000 and a re-stock about doubles the money you would have in the gun and you would wait a long time to have the work completed. 6000 for a gun thats been re-stocked ? Not a bad thing if money is not the question. Brian's 6 to 7 all Origional estimate gun would be a better buy

I would pay too much for a 32 inch DH that fit and looked good no matter what the investment potential is.

Boats

Last edited by Boats; 10/09/16 08:33 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

My grandfather remembered he had an axe that was very serviceable. He said he only replaced the handle three times and the head once.

How someone started with a Parker and made a Franken gun out of it is beyond belief and $3K

Sidelock
Sidelock

It depends, IMO, how much usage you have for a 8 plus pound 32" tightly choked double with a raised ventilated rib- if you are a pass shooter, or a live bird shooter, perhaps. The stock could be repaired by a good stock man, if the mechanics- trigger pulls, ejectors in time, gun is on face are correct- $3K is not a bad price- replacing the removed safety with original parts might be a bit of a challenge, but if you can hit clays or birds with it, even as is- yes- go for it. Not the gun I would choose for walking up pheasants behind dogs in SD, but for the incomers as a blocker- pass shooting-- RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Again, what makes you think the forend is not original? How about showing us some pictures of the forend off the gun and the bottom of the barrels at the action.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: B. Dudley
It would be a 2. Likely a worn 2 stamp. 7 feames werw only used on 8g hammer guns.

The forend sure looks original. What makes you thinknit is not??? Especially if it has the drawbolt and 1pc forend loop. And the buttstock is original. Just heavily altered. The safety being filled in, if engraved over, is factory. The gun was ordered without a safety. Common feature for a target gun.

The metal condition is great and it is a vent rib ejector gun. It is WELL worth the $3k even with the stock issues. Considering that is it did not have the issues, it would be a $7- 9k gun.

What is the delemma here?

Agree 100% on all points. The forend is 100% original. From what I can see in your photos, this is a nice gun except for the buttstock. I would break my hand going for my wallet for this gun at $3000.

A butt transplant by one of the better craftsmen here such as Brian would make this a superb Sporting Clays gun, along with a little choke work.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Parker made a couple different styles of beavertail Forends and that is one of them. My personal least favorate syle, but it is completely legit. The checkering too.

B.Dudley
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I'll try to answer all questions here:
The frame size is probably as 2 as indicated. What looks like a 7 is probably a 2 with the bottom of the stamping missing.

Originality of the forend:
Here is a picture of a typical Parker beavertail forend: I have Not noticed any real variance in the shape in other examples I've look at.

Here is a side view of the one on this gun: Notice there is a distinct variance.

Notice the distinct difference in the shaping at the back and sides..

The upper tang is marked for a safety. However the slot for the safety has been closed with an unknown material. I have not disassembled the gun to determine if anything has been done internally regarding the safety.
If I were to buy it to keep I'd get a butt transplant and get the safety made operable again.
Please let me know if there are any other questions or need for additional pictures.
If anyone is interested in buying this gun for $3000 which is the owners asking price PM me and we'll go from there. I'll also pay Dave his due of course.
Jim

Last edited by James M; 10/09/16 01:29 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Parker with that configuration is not in every gun shop. If it's what you want be prepared to pay. If a long tight choked gun is not suitable for your use, better not to buy it.

Friend of mine has 3 32 inch straight grip Parkers. DHE VHE and VH. He would by a 4th if he found one. He would be all over that gun. I had a 32 inch Parker than was probably a trap gun, traded it off. 30 inch guns suit me better.

Boats

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.