April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (NCTarheel, canvasback, skeettx, Jimmy W, Jeremy Pearce, 1 invisible), 1,028 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,126
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Gt1900
Originally Posted By: Adam Stinson
The Inverness is a copy of the round body Rizzini... For the money, I'll take the Rizzini ANY DAY!

Adam

Not really, it's a copy of a bunch of Italian made O/U that are very good actions.. With that said, as much as I don't like CSMC, the Inverness is a sweet gun. I'll take an Inverness over the Rizzini any day.

And you would be wrong, on both points. The Inverness is an exact, though inferior, copy of the Rizzini Round Body. The Rizzini is a much nicer, better finished, and better engraved gun.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: John Roberts
Originally Posted By: Adam Stinson
The Inverness is a copy of the round body Rizzini... For the money, I'll take the Rizzini ANY DAY!

Adam

Not really, it's a copy of a bunch of Italian made O/U that are very good actions.. With that said, as much as I don't like CSMC, the Inverness is a sweet gun. I'll take an Inverness over the Rizzini any day.

And you would be wrong, on both points. The Inverness is an exact, though inferior, copy of the Rizzini Round Body. The Rizzini is a much nicer, better finished, and better engraved gun.
JR

John is exactly right. Rizzini builds with the standard "guild" action used by many Italian makers and that is what CSMC copied on the Inverness (the their model 21 o/u, too). To be more specific, they modeled the Inverness after the round body Rizzini, which is a far superior gun in my opinion. Also, keep in mind that right before they started making the Inverness, CSMC was the sole importer for Rizzini into the United States. They even imported a round body model named... You guessed it, the "Inverness"! When CSMC starting making their own Inverness, Rizzini opened up Rizzini USA in Utah to handle the importing. Obviously, CSMC now had conflict of interest with their own round body gun to sell.

Sidelock
Sidelock

They are not the same. Rizzini's look like every other ugly Brescia built O/U out there, while the Inverness looks like a sleek Mckay Brown. Mechanically, they are very similar, but why should that surprise anyone? They are guns, and people have been copying good gun designs since gun design began. The Winchester M-70 is a copy of the German Mauser, yet we say the M-70 is as American as apple pie. Win Hester wasn't the only company to copy the design ejther... The Inverness name was owned by CSMC, not Rizzini. The name Inverness was slapped on a Rizzini gun and imported into the US. That's why there was confusion when CSMC began making their own Inverness, and why many people believed CSMC was using Rizzini actions, which they weren't.

Sidelock
Sidelock

You can lead a horse to water...
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

My Inverness is a wonderful gun. Looks like a McKay Brown. Handles very well.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Will I have my research cut out for me, I need to put my eyes and hands on one before I pull the trigger.
Great insight from board members, one thing raising an eyebrow is the number of members selling or knowing of one fore sale that has me slowing down and doing my due diligence researching this firearm.

Sidelock
Sidelock

They are not the same. Rizzini's look like every other ugly Brescia built O/U out there, while the Inverness looks like a sleek Mckay Brown. Mechanically, they are very similar, but why should that surprise anyone? They are guns, and people have been copying good gun designs since gun design began. The Winchester M-70 is a copy of the German Mauser, yet we say the M-70 is as American as apple pie. Win Hester wasn't the only company to copy the design ejther... The Inverness name was owned by CSMC, not Rizzini. The name Inverness was slapped on a Rizzini gun and imported into the US. That's why there was confusion when CSMC began making their own Inverness, and why many people believed CSMC was using Rizzini actions, which they weren't.

Wrong. So ridiculously WRONG. The B. Rizzini round body is built on a action designed by Ivan Tanfoglio (of Ferlib fame). The round body Rizzini does NOT use the standard "Brescia" action used by many Italian makers. And just for the record, while the CSMC and Rizzini round body guns do have a rounded body, they are in no way nor do they even resemble a DMB. Not even close. If you have the opportunity (I do) to view and handle the DMB and the Rizzini together, you'll notice all the differences immediately.
There is no design genius at CSMC (they don't have a Ivan Tanfoglio or John Browning on the payroll).... Everything CSMC makes is a copy of someone else's product. That's a fact and the CSMC Inverness falls directly in line with their other products.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I didn't say it was. I said they looked like every other Brescia gun out there, and they do. I also said "mechanically they are very similar, and why should that surprise anyone". They are not exact duplicates. The Inverness is a much nicer looking gun and doesn't scream Brescia built gun, like the Rizzini does. CSMC does what many gun manufactures do, take a tried and true design and tweak it, same thing Winchester did with their Model 70's. Kimber did the same thing with their M8400, and so did Dakota with their 76. What's wrong with that? The Inverness looks like a McKay Brown, the Rizzini looks like every other Italian built mid range O/U. They are not the same.

Last edited by Gt1900; 12/30/16 05:59 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Haha. :-) Okay dude. You're wrong on so many levels it's not even worth debating with you. You're so adamant on making your personal opinions and unfounded assumptions the truth that it's a complete waste of time trying to talk sense and drop facts on you. I hope the original poster/question asker got some insight and answers to his query. If he/she didn't, just pm this fella Gt1900, he's got all the inside scoop and seems to be a treasure trove of info on everything Inverness.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I would like to know, #1, what Rizzini are we comparing the CSMC to? #2, what is the problem with the CSMC gun that makes it inferior to whatever Rizzini you are comparing it to? #3, can someone post some pictures of the Rizzini in question and the CSMC Inverness so we can make a decision on purchase. I have no opinion on this subject, except that I like my CSMC Inverness, but I don't know how the price compares to the Rizzini that we are comparing it with.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.