April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (fab500), 1,085 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,134
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

I always thought it shameless that Galazan copied DMB's O/U advertising material when promoting his Inverness. He utilized the same fonts and even duplicated that pink/purple shade behind the action. I am sure David wrote him a friendly note when he opened that first SSM with the cribbed advert.

Owen
DLA Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Has anyone used the CSMC Inverness for any type of high volume shooting? Sporting Clays or Driven Birds? How did the guns hold up?

If the OP is interested I know of some high grade Inverness guns for sale, both used and new.

Dennis

Sidelock
Sidelock

I ordered one from the initial offering and Lou picked out the wood. I could not be happier. With the 30" barrels I love the way it feels. It needed some adjustment and I returned it and in their usual fashion they returned it quickly repaired. It has not hiccuped since. I use it for sporting clays a few times a year and it is going to Georgia this winter for Quail. I still think it was a bargain. I don't understand the present pricing though.

So many guns, so little time!
Sidelock
Sidelock

Earlier I said Rizzini is a far superior gun... I should rephrase that statement... I believe its a far better value.

Adam

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

With comments, inferring Rizzine, and DMB, the question I pose is the Inverness an copy of the DMB?

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: 28 gauge shooter
With comments, inferring Rizzine, and DMB, the question I pose is the Inverness an copy of the DMB?

No. It is not. Not even close. The CSMC is a copy of a Rizzini. Nobody is copying the DMB round action O/U that I know of.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

With comments, inferring Rizzine, and DMB, the question I pose, is the Inverness an copy of the DMB?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Adam, please let me know which Rizzini you are referring to. Which Rizzini is better than the CSMC Inverness and in which ways.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
If most casual shooters would spend more of their money on practicing and shells, and maybe some lessons from a pro in the beginning, and less of it on ridiculous priced guns, they would be much more effective at shooting flying. The men/women who are not pros, who shoot $15K (and up) guns, and are really good shots, can be counted on your fingers and toes. My mantra was always to shoot a shotgun until I truly believed it was a reason I was not shooting a higher score. Now that that gun is a Perazzi (used when I bought it years ago), I doubt I will ever be able to honestly make that claim again.

I watch men pull out H & H, Purdey, Boss and Woodward guns and go out and shoot a 45/100 and then do the same thing for years, and I wonder how they can feel good about it. I know we are all different but I see a lot of people at vintage S x S shoots like this, and I just cannot get my head around it. Improvement is not beyond the capabilities of anyone who wants it badly enough. I really wish someone could help me understand why looking good makes someone feel better about themselves than hitting what they shoot at. Is just hearing the gun go bang enough? I'm as far from an elitist as anyone you would ever meet, and I miss more than I'd like ........ but I never stop striving to get better.

I just guess I'd rather hit something with a BSS than miss with a Woodward, though I understand fully that the two are not totally incompatible.

SRH

I look at it the total opposite. The guy with a really nice gun that shoots 45/100 would do that with any gun and probably doesn't really care a lot about his scores but enjoys owning and more important shooting his high end gun. Everyone one would love to be a top shooter but some guys just don't have it in them and if they go out and shoot a 60/100. They are very happy. Just as happy as the guy who ran 100 straight when he normally shoot a 95. Any of the top shooters could shoot the scores they do with let say a Beretta or Browning instead of there Kreigoff or Kolar. They are good shooters and have shot there gun enough to be totally comfortable with it and practice a lot.

With that said my skeet gun is a Beretta 686. Even if I switched to a Kreigoff or Kolar I would still shoot my 94/100. But if I could afford a really nice K-80 I would own one just because I like them.

The guys that you mentioned that shoot Purdey's, H&H,Boss etc probably just like them and good for them for shooting them. What I find hard to understand is guys that own these guns and never shoot them. Instead just look at them.

I do know a few guys you are refering to that are horrible shots but brag or act like they are better than everyone because they have a Kreigoff. Same guys that drive a Range Rover when a Jeep Cherokee would be just as good for them.

Last edited by Woody402; 01/03/17 11:07 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I did not mean to infer, by any stretch, that the fine guns they shoot are in any way the cause or the reason for their poor shooting. What I cannot understand is a mindset where people can be happy missing. I do not accept that anyone who is coordinated enough to operate an automobile cannot better themselves from a 45/100 score. What I cannot understand is why they do not WANT to improve, or why they don't dedicate themselves to improving.

A shotgun was invented and designed to hit things, not to miss and just make a loud noise. Please understand I am not belittling these gentlemen. I simply cannot understand it ......... but then, there's a lot I don't understand. I once had a friend who was a Marine Major, and piloted F-4U Corsairs. Later, while stationed in Florida he would shoot at a rifle/pistol range regularly. He said that about once a month a guy would come out with a S & W .44 Magnum and a full box of cartridges. He would load it, fire it until empty into the berm, reload, and do the same thing over and over until the box of cartridges was empty. He asked him one day why he didn't shoot at a target or something. Said he wasn't interested in hitting anything, just hearing it shoot.

There's lot of room between 45/100 and "top shooter", Woody. I'm not a "top shooter" either, but I've come a long ways from the first time I shot sporting clays until today. Lessons, shells, questions, more shells, lots more shells. But mostly, just wanting to get better.

SRH

Last edited by Stan; 01/04/17 08:44 AM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.