May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (Ted Schefelbein, graybeardtmm3, Hugh Lomas, David Williamson, 2 invisible), 808 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,496
Posts545,390
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
vikram Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Gunwolf
Vikram,

Max Ern probably is the best gunmaker in germany and one of the very best in Europe, if not worldwide. You find some examples on my blog:

http://www.hunting-heritage.com/blog/index.php/2016/04/29/fine-double-rifles-of-max-ern/

Will make another article about his latest Double Rifle, a wonderful round action in .470. Price of this one is about 100 000 EURO. You can get a bolt action Mauser rifle for 15 000 at least. A wonderful single barrel Kipplauf, the best I`ve ever seen is available for about 40 000 EUR and I tell you, it's worth each cent.

Cheers,
Gunwolf

Gunwolf,

Many thanks for your inputs. In fact, I have seen your blog on these guns and the photographs there. Would you believe if I say that the photos on your blog contributed to asking this question?

Best regards-
Vikram

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to
pause
and reflect.

- Mark Twain
Sidelock
Sidelock

Not trying to be picky, but I would like to read the article and have many years of back issues of the Shooting Sportsman. What it the correct year of the article?

Thanks, vangulil

Sidelock
Sidelock

It is in the July-August 2016 issue.
Sorry vor miswriting the year in my earlier post!
Cheers,
Gunwolf

Last edited by Gunwolf; 02/03/17 04:29 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Vikram,

I'm glad to hear about the impressive force of my blog pictures.. ;-)
Many thanks, will publish next time a story about his Double Rifle.

Cheers,
Gunwolf

Sidelock
Sidelock

Vikram, I did ask Max about having a price list and he said no...each is different.

Sam Welch
Sidelock
Sidelock

We were next to Max and family at SCI and I have to say, I haven't been so impressed with newly built rifles at SCI in many years. Max and Max jr are technically proficient and instead of merely copying the same designs or trying to reinvent the wheel, they look at the best existing designs and how to improve them. Besides the design, the craftsmanship is top flight and the finishing is equal, if not better than any Best makers I observed there. Note that my interest is more in pre-war British rifles but the Erns' work truly gained my interest and admiration. The fact that they are such lovely people doubled my interest.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Have a look at one of the best and his vertical bloc Double Rifle in .450/400 N.E. 3" :

Max Ern, Gunmakers & Engravers

Cheers,
Gunwolf

Sidelock
Sidelock

Two more outstanding rifles of Max Ern, to be seen on the IWA Show in Nuremberg from March 3 to 6, 2017

Two Rifles of Max Ern on the IWA Show

Cheers,
Gunwolf

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.