April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (earlyriser, Bob Jurewicz, fullandfuller, eeb, 2 invisible), 412 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,802
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18
#469899 01/20/17 01:59 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

It's been 8 long years since the United States has had a real president.

Welcome aboard Mr. Trump.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I loved his inaugural address. I hope that he is true to his word. I want to see him succeed, since, if he succeeds then so do we as the people.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'd say that wait was closer to 29 years...

“I left long before daylight, alone but not lonely.”~Gordon Macquarrie
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm hoping for the sake of the US that he can pull it off. My concern is that he's promised the universe and he'll be unable to deliver. Hopefully the reality of running a country and not a business doesn't hit him and blow his plan to sh**.
Kirk

Last edited by kirkp; 01/20/17 03:10 PM. Reason: Correct a word
Sidelock
Sidelock

He was obviously ill during the entire speech. Probably something he ate. It looked from the expressions on the faces of the Democrats and the Establishment Republicans sitting behind him, he must have been constantly "breaking wind" directly into their faces.

Regards
Ken

Last edited by Ken61; 01/21/17 08:24 AM.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
kirkp #469910 01/20/17 03:15 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: kirkp
I'm hoping for the sake of the US that he can pull it off. My concern is that he's promised the universe and he'll be unable to deliver. Hopefully the reality of running a country and not a business doesn't hit him and blow his plan to sh**....

It's a credit to him that he's thought to have plans. For me, if he golfs and builds hotels for the next four years, it'll literally be much better than hill dumping tens of thousands of pages of exec proclamations on the country every Sunday evening. But, the momentum is there, and he knows what to do with it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I got a laugh from Secretary of Treasury Nominee, Steven Mnuchin, "I forgot about my $100M in real estate", "I forgot about the Cayman Island Hedge Fund management position" "The kid's $1M in art.

"It was a simple mistake amid a mountain of bureaucracy, an innocent error"

Goldman Sachs - "Our client's interests always come first"

Where did I put that Swamp Pump?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I thought his speech was great, not what the media expected from his short prelude speech from the night before. They thought that he was going to succumb to their way of thinking once elected. Wrong.

In reference to Ken's post, he was basically telling them to s*it or get off the pot.
It would be great to see these changes and I believe he will do the best that he can but it will not happen overnight. We will see how long it takes for the first change.

David

craigd #469922 01/20/17 04:09 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Don't get me wrong, I am not a Hillary fan. Trump has ideas, not sure that there's been any evidence offered that he has plans that are realistic. Got my fingers crossed.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Every President goes in with high expectations. D.C. Is such a blob of inert interest that getting things done by passing laws is very hard. But he can undo a lot of regulations and a lot of these Executive Orders with a stroke of a pen. He can freeze Federal hiring which will reduce the Federal workforce overtime. Just appointing people to run the EPA with reasonable regulations would help a lot.

I'd be happy if he can get 1/3 of his things done in four years because Hillary would have done none of them. She would have headed in the opposite direction as fast as her fat little legs could take her and our money with her.

On a brighter note do you think she, Hillary, would like to be an ambassador? Maybe Libya? She knows it's always been safe. She'd be close to her Middle East friends.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.